cbfatm

Nov 30, 2003
I have an 89 dt200r that I am rebuilding. My question is, can I
remove the oil pump and run straight pre-mix? Would it harm the engine as its not getting oil in the right places and maybe cause a seizure? If I did this would I have to buy an oil pump block off plate?

Thanks

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Its possible to remove the oil injection and just pre-mix. But you have to remove the pump and lines and fabricate a block-off plate and solid bolts to block off the oil line banjo bolts. Otherwise the engine will get a dangerous air leak and seize. Good luck

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Oil injection has the advantage that when you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere you can blag some straight petrol from the local farmer.

Many people slag off oil injection which works just fine in zillions of road bikes everywhere. These old world closed minded people cannot accept the risk that the oil pump mechanism will continue to meter oil reliably into your precious engine.

When I discovered (just in time) that my oil level of my old DT200 was not going down I became one of these people.

We meet on Tuesday nights. ;)

From memory the oil feed runs into the carb (early model LC DT) & you can epoxy a close fitting bolt in there or solder it closed.

Top Bottom