Yamadriver

Mar 12, 2010
It's been awhile since I last posted on here, again I'm stumped with a carb problem I believe. I have a 73 dt250 (DT3) and just pulled from storage. Went thru the entire bike and found some small things, but this has me. Carb was pretty clean and the bike ran after assembly, except does not want to run when powering down the throttle. It's like it's not wanting to suck fuel or idle, keep running. After start and warm up, it's fine. Has anyone dealt with this or know the answer? Seems like fuel starvation or something........Runs fine standing still, this is while moving......o_O

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Have you checked the fuel flow volume from tank, and verified the float level?

Yamadriver

Mar 12, 2010
Have you checked the fuel flow volume from tank, and verified the float level?
Thanks for the response! Yes, have went over this carb twice now. Floats are functional and properly adjusted, and even went thru the petcock, plenty of fuel flowing. Seems like it is losing idle (power) when decelerating. Could it be the pilot system somehow? Maybe I should check the air sys out again? Throttle open and take off is fine, then throttle closed slowing down, loss of power. I'm really thinking of getting the keyster kit for the carb....maybe something is not returning to the position it should after closing the throttle?

Yamadriver

Mar 12, 2010
Thanks for the response! Yes, have went over this carb twice now. Floats are functional and properly adjusted, and even went thru the petcock, plenty of fuel flowing. Seems like it is losing idle (power) when decelerating. Could it be the pilot system somehow? Maybe I should check the air sys out again? Throttle open and take off is fine, then throttle closed slowing down, loss of power. I'm really thinking of getting the keyster kit for the carb....maybe something is not returning to the position it should after closing the throttle?
Update on the carb, pilot jet air clogged, along with pilot fuel jet. Will post again after test run....Boy those were small holes...:NOD:

Yamadriver

Mar 12, 2010
Bingo!......A big Bingo. I won My bike back! ......Idle returned to normal after clearing the pilot air system....Thanks for the help folks.....

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom