inteva6184

Nov 10, 2012
Hey just looking for some opinions from you guys about these bikes. I have a thing for small bikes and vintage bikes so buy a newer or bigger bike isnt the answer im looking for. I have a gt80 and I just got it running great love the bike but its down on power. My research shows that it produces about 4.5 horse which is a little less than I am looking for haha. So I read that you can basically just slap a dt100 top end on to gain some power. The question I have is how much power is that? Seems like I could complete the swap for somewhere in the 200 dollar area which isnt bad but im not going to do it if it nets me another half hp. So if anyone has any idea on what kind of gains I would see or any other ways to make more power including other motor swaps let me know its appreciated.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Got to ride a '79 or '80 DT100 a few times, and it was pretty peppy, way more than 4.5 hp,

FWIW, I had a '73 Suzuki TC100 and an other buddy had a 76+- KE100, and IMO the Yamaha ran the strongest of the three.

Top Bottom