Yamaha pw 50 wont start !please help

stevo401w

Jun 5, 2009
Hi i have just bought my son a early yamaha pw 50 but i cant get it to start ! i put a new spark plug in it and new fuel, i cleaned out all carb and blew out jets ! its giving a good clear spark but just drowning the plug with fuel weather the choke is on or off ! my poor little 6 year old son is so upset he just wants to ride it ! can any one help cheers Steve p.s also i noticed under seat a red wire from handle bar switch is broken also there is white wire with red trace not plugged into anything but bike still sparks ???????????

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Sounds like the kill switch wires are disconnected. When you get it running, it might not want to shut off.

I'm sure some may disagree, but in a case of no starting, I'll shoot a blast of starting fluid into the carb just to see if it will fire.

stevo401w

Jun 5, 2009
thanks for advice ! i thought maybe that but wouldnt it not spark if that was kill switch ??????? maybe i will take it apart and have a look thanks again Steve

gbbcole26

Jul 12, 2009
choke might of broke

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…