Yamaha PW50 Only Runs If The Choke Is On ??

mini50

Apr 24, 2007
My son was riding his PW50 in the yard today and it was running great , and then all of a sudden it just died on him , it starts right back up and idles but when you give it gas it boggs down and acts like it is starving for fuel , I flipped the choke up to the first setting and it runs great with the choke on .. I drained and added fresh fuel , motor oil and injector oil is clean and full ....took off the air cleaner and cleaned it out and blew out the filter , pulled the spark plug looks like new ... put it back together and its still doing the same thing

ANY IDEAS GUYS ...THANKS FOR ANY HELP !!!!!

Bakemono

Apr 21, 2007
Sounds like an issue with something in the carb restricting the flow of fuel. As 2SFL said, you should clean the carb and see if that helps.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
It does sound like your pilot jet is clogged,on that little bike I swear a drop of water will stop it up! Clean it then blow it out from reverse flow if possible,Good luck

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Is it possible that you have an air leak somewhere.

Also, I had a similar problem years ago with a Yzinger 50 and it turned out to be a failing ignition.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
the pilot jet is clogged...its the itty bitty small jet inside the carb. take it out. clean it. or toss it and drop to a 67.5 jet and the bike will run better anyway.

conn424

Mar 11, 2007
my best friend, his cousins done that while i was there i noticied that the breather hose on the gas cap was twisted..chek that

Top Bottom