fistfuls

Nov 16, 2003
I am looking to get a dirt bike to ride - I am new to this. Nothing too hard but I want something that is versatile, and I was looking at the Yamaha TT-R250. Its not likely that I'll buy a new bike though, so I was wondering if anyone could name some similar bikes to this one? Also I am 190 lbs. is this bike ok for a heavier rider?

thanks

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
what kind of riding will you be doing? this bike is very simular to the honda XR250, and the DRZ250. depending on your height you might want something a bit bigger so that you wont get bored with the power, check out an XR400. need more information though.

fistfuls

Nov 16, 2003
thanks for replying. I have about 20 acres of land and I've been thinking about what I want to do with it. Right now it's just pretty flat land. I'm not sure exactly what I'll want to do, that's why I was looking for a bike that would be more versatile, that could do a little of everything. is it a good idea to start with something more powerful, or start with a smaller bike and then move up? oh, and my height is 5'8".

thanks.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
If you want some tame 4 stroke power a WR250 would work but not the TT-R because you will get bored quick(even if your a beginner). Some 2 strokes would be a KDX or a 200/250EXC(KTM). Both are easy to ride(compared to a MXer) and are fairly versitile. The KDX is cheaper compared to the EXC(usualy) because the KTM has higher quality parts stock and the KDX is more common. But the KDX has many mod options. The WR is good in the trails and will run on the track. If you feel the WR250 is not powerfu enough there is a 450. These bikes are only if you aren't racing.

Top Bottom