JacobMX

May 27, 2023
I recently started working on my 2006 Yamaha TTR-90 E since it wasn’t running well. I was able to start the bike, but when I gave it some throttle, it would die. So I thought that this may be a carburetor related issue. So I took apart my carburetor and cleaned it with simple green and cleared my jets with compressed air. I drained the tank, and put new ethanol free gas. After putting the bike together, I noticed that my throttle cable had no tension at all. So I took the carb apart again and made sure the throttle valve slide needle spring gasket was working properly and was lined up correctly, but I wasn’t able to get it out at first. After some vigorous tugging, it came out. I noticed that it was chipped and scraped up. In the process, I also scratched the inside of the carburetor on accident. I’m figuring I’ll just buy a new carb, but can’t find one for the 2006 TTR-90 E that’s not super expensive. Note that the battery is completely dead and I can’t use electric start and I kick the bike to start it. Would I be able to use a carb for and older TTR-90, or do I need to find one for the TTR-90 E? Any help and carb recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

JacobMX

May 27, 2023
IMG_4918.jpeg

Top Bottom