ACS

Apr 17, 2001
Looks like it is a shop or club site with links. It seems that the Japanese modify the suspension and race them with stock engines pipes etc. We and USA do engine then suspension. It will be intresting if Japan will upgrade the suspension for us or actually deliver a YZ mini 4 stroke.

I read on the Yamaha Japan press release site that when they released the TTR in Japan they sold out their total production in about 1 month. The USA and Australia versions (im not sure about Europe) got a second version or an update with minor engine changes. Its always hard to get a real accurate translation of Japanese.

Can anybody translate the words on the site and the pages behind the photos.

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
There was a spy photo of the yz125f motor in a dirtbike magazine this last month. They were saying for the little 125 motor, that it peeks out to 16,000 rpm's! whooooho

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
I have been waiting to see if Yamaha will actually announce the YZ125F. It might be a 150. The one Mike Allessi raced in April was a disappointment being a BBR / Powroll TTR. There doent appear to be any pics on any of the Japanese bike news sites so it must be a bit in the future. It will need a pretty slick gear box to keep it on the power to compete against the current batch of 80/85's. I have told my dealer 'I will buy one'........;)

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
three heads

The "Yamaha's new 16000 RPM 4 stroke 125 screamer" on the Dirt Bike cover last month was nothing more than a "woman gives birth to a green baby with three heads" cheap pulp trick. Inside, you'll see that it's actually a Poweroll creation - a cylinder and head from a street bike mated to a CR80 bottom end. Yamaha engineers were in no way involved.

They should bring Rick Siemen back as Dirt Bike editor, so that he could slap some sense into the "national enquirer" types that have taken over that mag.

motomadness

Mar 18, 2001
on that japan site, that was the ttr125L right? To me it looks like they ran a 17 inch front wheel. back wheel looks like the same 16 inch. i wonder if thats the original swing arm. i need a translator.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom