woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hi guys (and girls if that be the case). My nephew, (the shy one on the KDX) just poointed out to me the fact that Yamaha is comig out with a 2 wheel drive WR next year. I cant imagine the difference that this will make in cornering, hill climbing, sand riding, mud, raiin ect. much less what this would be like for SNOW!!! Check it out at http://www.gizmo.com.au/public/News/news.asp?articleid=2351

Any thoughts?
Woodsy

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I saw that a few year back in a mag. and it sounds cool.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
About a year ago, I got a long survey from Yamaha on the 2 wheel drive WR. Don't rule it out for the US!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
The latest Motorcyclist magazine has a picture of this bike. According to the blurb underneath the picture, it's going into production. It sure looks production-ready. Yamaha also plans on using it on street bikes, claiming they've easily shaved seconds off of lap times when compared to a normal bike.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Hey guys, the original two-wheel motorcycle still lives! I saw an ad on OLN last night, just about fell out of my chair! These things hold gas in their wheels for 7 days worth of fuel capacity.

www.rokon.com

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Mark: I bet that guy crossing the river with the Rokon floating beside him doesnt have his tires full of gas :0 :) :) I had a chance to buy one of those puppies a couple years ago real cheap ($200) but I didnt have time to stop... I was back in about 10 minutes and it was GONE!!! THey are REALLY cool with a very "unique" front drive system (chain).. Could you imagine the traction you would get with those tractor tires fullof fuel? Talk about a TOURQUE monster - I bet it would out pull my 5!!
Woodsy

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
That thing stores gas in the wheels, meaning it holds a ~2-3 gallon gas can inside the rims, or fill the tank and it fills up the hollow rims?

Don't know how practical it would be to have a couple of gas cans rolling around inside your rims, kinda like a brick in a clothes dryer! :)

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Bill - The positive side is it carries its weight lower then your Yamaha :)

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Bill - The positive side is it carries its weight lower then your Yamaha

Is the cat out of the bag Bill?
Does Woodsy know somethinng?
Don

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I was going to wait until the inaugural March ride in Gladwin to make the announcement, but yes, it's true.

I bought an '04 Rokon TrailBreaker...

With all the extra space, I can now carry extra tubes for Fred, an extra fender for Farmer Tom, plenty of Vicodin for whoever breaks their collarbone next, and a rack-mounted cooler for lunch breaks. And with the floatable tires, those big puddle crossings - Ha! Just hand me a paddle!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
So Mr. Rokon Bill; could you enlighten all of us "Rokon illiterate" MTRers on just how good that bike is on the whoops? Can you double them puppies even with your fuel tanks full? Any problem with bottoming and are those tanks all vented just in case.....

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by woodsy
Bill - The positive side is it carries its weight lower then your Yamaha :)

I think Don was talking about this comment Bill

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Fred's
Paying Attention!

Sooooo Bill whats the answer?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
:)

It's not me that's not paying attention!

Yes, I did not buy a Rokon. And I also did not buy a Yamaha WR-450 2-wheel drive. ;)

Woodsy made a reference to "my" Yamaha. So I in turn asked about "his" Gas Gas. And can you really see Woodsy riding a bike with electric start?

Next time I'll include pictures...

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
You know what they say about Pier pressure, (KTM).

If your friend rides a pumpkun it doesn't mean YOU have to!
It just means you made your own choice!
Not necessarily better, just your choice.
Don't CAVE BILL!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Bill,

Man are you gonna look good on that 2004 WR250!

GO BLUE! :thumb:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
It is going to be a lonnnnngggggg winter at this rate guys!!! :) :) :)

Top Bottom