Yamaha XT350 out of storage - Air Filter

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
Hi all. I just got my Yamaha XT350 back. I recently bought a Clymer manual for it, and I'm learning alot from it, and bikes in general from all you guys here.

I took off the Air Filter panel and boy, was i shocked... The box was stuffed with mice stuff. And 5 baby mice. It was sitting in a poll barn for the last month, so I guess thats when they invaded. The Air Filter is shot. It needs to be replaced. I finnally found a place that carries them --EDIT: (since I can't post a link???) The filter I'm looking at is a "UNI Multi-Stage Competition Offroad Air Filter" ***Available at Bike Bandit.com***

(I won't be using this bike for the road for atleast another year, so somthing for offroading would be best for me)

#1 How good is this filter?
#2 Is this a good company to do business with?
#3 Where do you guys buy most of your parts online?

(I also need a new battery)

I was pretty sure that this bike is a 1996, but the Clymer manual I have, says its a year 2000 bike. The serial number on it is JYA57T008GA009144 It just doesnt look like a year 2000 bike to me, but I've been known to be wrong before ;)

EDIT: Just thought of this (DOH) if you google "Clymer Yamaha XT350" in google images....My bike is the EXACT same thing on the front of the Clymer manual for the Yamaha XT350 from years 1985-2000

(I have pics of the bike if needed

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

QKENUF4U

Nov 13, 2005
1 J Asia
Manufacturer: 2-3 YA Yamaha
Model Specific: 4-8 57T00 Unknown
Check Digit: 9 8 Valid
Year: 10 G 1986
Assembly Plant: 11 A A
Serial Number: 12-17 009144 9144

ALOT older than you thought/where told it is.
UNI is a good filter, keep it clean and oiled with UNI filter oil
BIKE BANDIT is a good company
i used www.denniskirk.com or chapperal myself

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Check your local lawn mower shop for cheap batterys, the stealer will charge you like $70 for the cell and $15 to trickel charge it. Western Auto up here sells the same cell for $27 charged.
PS
Mice LOVE air boxes. They do NOT seem to like a well oiled filter or box. A light coat of WD 40 on the inside of the box seems to keep them confounded.

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006
JasonJ said:
Check your local lawn mower shop for cheap batterys, the stealer will charge you like $70 for the cell and $15 to trickel charge it. Western Auto up here sells the same cell for $27 charged.
PS
Mice LOVE air boxes. They do NOT seem to like a well oiled filter or box. A light coat of WD 40 on the inside of the box seems to keep them confounded.

Yeah, I figured as much about the dealer... I went to Napa Auto Parts the other day and the guy said they could order one in for $22.19 with tax... I almost crapped myself. But then when he was talking to some other store that supposadly had one, they found out they didnt carry it anymore!!! :bang: Oh well, theres a few other place I'm gonna check before I go to my local Yamaha Dealer. And thanks for the filter box tip!!! Thats a GREAT idea.... I will deffinetly do that :D THANKS!!!

(Blasted mice!!!)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom