rossmc2000

Jan 27, 2006
i have a yz 250 and i bought a pro wheel 18" wheel and pro wheel spoke kit to replace my old 19" wheel and spokes, im having trouble lacing it up, i know there are two diffferent sizes of spokes that came wiht the set, one with a slightly larger and longer bend and another set that is slightly shorter and a slight less bend which way do the spokes go? do the longer ones go on one side and the shorter on another side and if soo which side do the longer ones go on? i appreciate the help thank u very m uch ROSS

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Easiest thing to do is set the rim next to your 19" wheel and copy the lacing pattern. If you set the wheels next to each other, make sure the hubs are facing the same way and orient the valve stem holes on each rim so that they are in the same relative position (i.e both at the bottom or six o'clock position) you should be able to tell exactly how the spokes lace. Take your time and make sure the spokes cross exactly like the other wheel. You should also be able to tell where the long spokes go.

Have fun.

Top Bottom