cujet

Aug 13, 2000
Rich, come on down,,, to Moroso motorsports park. It is in my backyard, unfortunatly though, aerodynamics still play a role here. I will admit that you are absolutly right, aerodynamics play a role in just about any form of motor racing. Also Aerodynamics do play a small role in trap speeds on lower HP cars. However, all I was attempting to illustrate that the S2K was just a little down on HP as are so many modern products. I have the data to back that up, and the trap speeds also bear that fact out!

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Originally posted by cujet
However, all I was attempting to illustrate

Chris - I was just pulling your chain :)

G

GlowMe

Originally posted by Rich Rohrich

You have a better chance of determining horsepower by rubbing peanut butter on a fish.
SWAG ALERT :)

Love this quote! I'll have to try that one soon. What type of peanut butter do you use? Extra crunchy or smooth?
:think

Greg in Oz

Aug 21, 2001
Dunno about you guys but I ain't putting diddly down on any bike I can't pick up and shake around , listen to how the thing sounds or at least see running at the track, preferably with me test riding . Honda has a reputation for good engineering but they certainly aren't foolproof. Ask any one who's given the clutch on a XR650 some work. The things seize up and loop you out cause they put this bushing in the hub that doesn't get enough oil. I dont know how they get this desert race ultra endurance reliability tag from all the mags. Oops, yes I do , it's called mega-buck ad budgets. But I digress. The bike has a number of features that are new and potentially good but unproven and I'd like to see a full season on the proddy version before I take a punt on one. Remember, Yamaha has had 4 seasons to fix the grabby clutch on their thumpers and hasn't done it. I don't fall for the jap factories hijacking of the magazine pages and if people started insisting something better than BNG each year cause there's no competition. If it wasn't for the Euro factories shaking them up we'd all still be riding 8 year old designs in thumpers and 2 strokes. Support your local euro factory.:think

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by GlowMe

What type of peanut butter do you use? Extra crunchy or smooth?
:think

Rich only uses Extra Crunchy to cure monkey butt. You truly should have known.

Top Bottom