YamerHammer Thumper gets the magic button

jfisher304

Nov 15, 1999
Wow, I need one for my YZ 400, I assume it would still fit even though it isn't the WR. Any idea how much the thing cost?

------------------

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
$1500 WoW!:mad: :rolleyes: :eek:
Looks like Kevin will still be getting that new KTM:cool:

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Originally posted by simimi
"Yamaha WRF 400-426 1998 -2001 Magic button electric start kit $1500.00 Complete kit bolt on. adds18 LBS appx"

o.k. let me get this straight...........
You pay $1,500 to add 18 pounds of weight to a $5,000+ motorcycle??
Am i reading this right?? Did someone add a "0" in there???
And people call the TTR225 a "porker"?
(that bike felt light to me by the way!)
Wouldn't that make the 400 / 426 applicable for the bacon slicer as well?? :confused:
Yea, i'm old fashioned.
Yea, i'm cheap.
But spending $83.33 per pound for dead weight just doesnt jive with me???? :think

Shaw520

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 14, 2000
Originally posted by kalitude

He is just in love with those Husabergs...sits around with the brochure and studies every word of it...

Kali, dont mess with a mans obsession, this fella is showing signs of great character. Dont just set there, hurry down to that dealer and put a binder on that Berg!:cool:

roadwarrior

Jan 14, 2001
My DRZ was cheaper than a WR, and came with the button at no extra cost. It's worth every pound. In fact what turned me off to the WR426, was watching people struggle to start thier YZ400's.

Arizona_Jeff

Feb 6, 2001
Well have your cake and eat it too. Go buy a husaberg and get and extra 75cc's, white power suspension,excell rims,hydro clutch,ELECTRIC START,headlight,tail light,crossbarless bars,and still 15 pounds less than the yzf. OPPS I hope this don't get taken wrong but I couldnt help it. Bye now! Jeff
:)

Last edited:

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
I cant agree with those who continue to believe that YZ/WR's are hard to start. The only time I ever have to kick more than two times, is when the bike is really hot. At that point I just pull the hot-start button, and its first kick from there. Its never been a problem with me. I have the technique down, and its been easy since.

ButtonFly

Dec 8, 1999
wayneo426, I totally agree. Once I got the routine down I have not had a problem since. It isn't that hard... Just the other day at the ORV I killed it putting along in too low a gear. While it was still rolling slowing (say ten miles an hour) I managed to pull out the kickstarter, find TDC, and restart it, and keep riding. Easy as pie. My bike has only been hard to start when I didn't follow the drill. Other than that, first or second kick. I have to say the most fun I have had with this was when I was in CA ridng at cow mountain with Fremont Guy... For some reason a guy in the parking lot was stabbing his YZ like a dang fool, totally convinced that his bike was REALLY a two stroke. Wasn't following much of a pattern, and probably wasn't jetted anywhere close (obnoxious aftermarket pipe, and didn't look like he took much care of the bike... so how much work would he have done?) Anyway, I rolled my bike out of the trailer, got dressed, walked over, and with the guy and all his pals watching started mine first kick. :) Excellent feeling.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dec 30, 2000
Sandbar, NY
Same here. Last week a bunch of guys seemed to take alot of interest in watching me roll it off the trailer, and get set up.
I jump on, find TDC, and start it with one kick. I guess they were betting on how many it would take to fire it up, and the guy that had 2 lost....... :)

LB400

Apr 9, 2001
No problems starting here either....still a magic button would be cool IF....and that's a big IF....it wouldn't add weight to the machine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom