Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
dirt bike dave said:
Last year, I was watching an AMA roadrace on Speed Channel. Not sure if it was Superbike or Supersport. Can't remember the track, either.

A rider went down and slid off the track. Uninjured, he immediately got up, ran back to the track and laid down on the track, in hopes of generating a red flag. I am pretty sure it was Yates, but can anyone confirm it?

I don't know for certain but someone on another board confirmed that was Yates that did that.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
They sure don't run things in Superbike, like they do in Supercross :laugh:
But Yates better look out http://www.2wf.com/articles/news/23232713-90F4-446D-AA55-0FC90678A323.asp

But really, that is a pretty sad way to deal with that kind of problem. What if Fania had some kind of back/neck injury, when Yates kicked him? He could possibly be looking at manslaughter chargers, who knows?
Did anyone happen to see what Janklow is doing now? (Sorry to change the subject) But it just kinda got me thinking about the whole thing again after talking about this :whiner:
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/2428220

Last edited:

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
The fallout continues:

The following release is from HJC...

As helmet sponsor for Aaron Yates, the staff at HJC America was completely surprised by Aaron's actions following his crash during the Daytona 200. HJC does not condone his actions and Aaron will also be subjected to financial penalties which have already been imposed.

We also truly hope that both Aaron and Mr. Fania will completely recover from this incident and return to the exciting sport of road racing.

HJC America

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
To me it looked like Yates was going to do a full on drop kick and changed his mind in the air, only completing a low kick in the end - Very silly, but did not look all that serious to me, even the head butt was a joke - I see more damage in an ice hockey match - not to say that I condone any of this behavior !!!!!

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
BunduBasher said:
To me it looked like Yates was going to do a full on drop kick and changed his mind in the air, only completing a low kick in the end - Very silly, but did not look all that serious to me, even the head butt was a joke - I see more damage in an ice hockey match - not to say that I condone any of this behavior !!!!!

After watching the tape and seeing it live, I tend to agree with you. But, the true professional knows two things.

1. He knows how to pass a lapper without getting caught up in an incident.

2. He knows how to walk away from a racing accident no matter what emotions he is feeling.

I mean even Mike Larroco only had harsh words for TP.

Top Bottom