Yellow backgrounds with black numbers. Any....

MRKRacing125

Oct 24, 2000
Any of you know of any examples of yellow backgrounds with black numbers? I am looking into socaldecal's work and I am thinking about the yellow backgrounds, but I am looking for some pictures of bikes with them. Anyone have any pictures of bikes with them perf. yz's? Thanks

smarttoys

Sponsoring Member
Apr 29, 2001
I don't have any pictures of them but I personally do not like the look of yellow backgrounds and black numbers on any bike. In Minnesota B class riders have to run this combo. That is one of the reasons I don't switch to B class.;)

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
If you are gonna race, you will need to check your local AMA rules on number and background colors. Certain color combinations are reserved for certain classes of riders. I know that I'm correct with black background and white numbers for the novice classes. If I remember correctly, yellow backgrounds are for PRO riders (which is why Damian Plotts runs them). If the rules in your district let you run yellow backgrounds for you class.....or you just want a cool looking bike and NEVER race....then go for it.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Sorry, not a YZ, but...
Gomer_take_off.jpg

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Taraker's YZF looks pretty sweet. It's got yellow sideplates and yellow rearfender. Go look in the off topic forum a couple pages back. there's a thread wit pics there. Or in ride/race forum bout TORO Race #2 there's some pics there too.

n8MX

Mar 27, 2001
Not sure if you will be able to find any pics on the web of Damien with yellow background number plates... I think I have found all of the pictures of him on the web, and I think they are almost all the normal white backgorund (since he has been on a 250 lately). But, I think it's cool that someone else knows him... I ride on the private track he practiced on a couple summers ago.

Andy

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Big Lou - Yeah... that's what I always thought too - a lot of the Open class guys around here run them. And as far as your district - I'm sure they will still score you even though you have yellow backgrounds. Heck - people with RM's, YZ's, CR's, etc... put numbers on their yellow, blue, red, etc. side panels and still race. And people even use elecrical tape to make numbers. I myself run red backgrounds and white numbers (WML thing). I'm sure you can run whatever makes you happy! :confused:

Also - at the Loretta Lynns Amatuer MX National - the B class bikes have to run yellow backgrounds/black numbers. I have attached a picture of Josh Hansen.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
If you are going to race, make sure you get the "right" color backgrounds and numbers for your class. As a referee, I can tell you it is very annoying and confusing to have riders with the wrong number/background combinations, particularly for the scorers. If you aren't racing...why even bother :think

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
That wasn't really my bike...that was the 2001 CR250 that Carolina Honda let me ride for most of the year while mine was apart.

I had to keep it up like new since it wasn't mine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom