Texas
Home.
Need Sleep.
Report to follow :)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
WOOHOO!! WHAT A BALL.

Gonna take a few days to recover! I am tired!!!!

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Agreed! I had a blast even with a busted up hunk of junk called a YZ! :think Ready to hit the shower, but wanted to say that PapaKeith and I made it back to my place safely. Be back on later!

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
great time had by the wife and me, we're allready planning for dw 02, i'll always remember my first DNF week, er, i mean dw 01;)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Absolutely incredible is to weak to describe our 4 days. :) We rolled in a few minutes ago and the trailor can wait til tommorow to get unloaded right now the couch is calling:eek: . Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who was there you all made it a great weekend. As soon as I get some rest (late night glass melting demos and spooge tests of premix on logs along with 5:30AM wakeups does not equal much sleep) I'll try to gather my thoughts:confused: .
Also looking forward to seeing all the 'I got home safe' posts While we pray no one has any tragedys.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Hey TreeJumper!! Glad you are safe at home!! (you too Jeff!!)

Thought I was a shoe in for that flapping fender award, but oh well. I'll settle for nothing if it means you have to lunch your cases in order to win it from now on!!! Couple of cable ties and stiching it back on is definately MUCH cheaper and at least i got to ride the whole time!! You'll have to send me any shots you got after it got ripped off AGAIN during the team hare scramble!! I'm sure that roost was awesome coming thru the mudpuddle at the bottom of the hillclimb!!!

B

biglou

I Ran Out of Gas!!!

Literally two miles from home!:o Pouring rain on the side of the hiway, draining gas out of Brett's DR350. I got about a gallon and that got me to the Texaco at the next exit (my exit). Glad I was draggin' his 4-stroke home for him, I don't think the Chevy would have run very well on premix! I made it there on one tank, but I guess the headwind from the ensuing storm took my mileage down a bit on the return trip!

dkb

Sponsoring Member
Apr 6, 2000
What a blast!!! I had the riding time of my life. And met some of the best people in the country. (And Canada:D ) Can’t wait to see some pics.

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Wow. We had a great time. Already planning for Cooperland, Oklahoma.

It felt so good to finally get home and take a shower - Wendy hadn't bathed since Wednesday!!:scream: :scream:

Ok - maybe she did clean up a little while she was there.

Our thanks go out to all of the people who worked to put this event together

:) . Great job!:cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Five Stars!

Nic and I had a wonderful time! What a great bunch of folks.

@/' OOOoooooklahoma where the wind comes sweepin down the whoops.. @/'

:)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Mucho thanks to Okie, Pokie, Scooter, Shiftless, Crispy, and all the mods for putting DW 01 together.

Nikki did an excellent job on the Tag Team MX (My team was fourth!), and she's pretty easy on the eyes as well. :confused:

Mully, Offroadr, kudos on a challenging and fun hare scramble course. I managed to complete all the laps--even though I was mud-blind and exhausted. How did my KDX wind up in a tree? I think I set a world record for first-lap crashes.

Three days was nowhere near enough time to meet everyone.

Oldguy, thanks for the Leinenkugels. I'm enjoying one right now. :cool:

When's the next one?

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Billy blew up my bike sorta, trashed my knee again (seeing OS tomorrow), got rained on... and it was the best vacation I have ever had!

Okie, Scoot, Kristin, Crispy, Shiftless, Pokie, thanks for making me part of the family for a few days, you will never know how much I needed it.

Stand by, more to follow after sleep... LTM to Dallas.... 11 hours flat, I was reving the Durango like BusterWho did my bike.:p

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
made it back this morning but the bed and shower had to come first. Okie, you truly have the greatest family, including the DRN one. Thanks to you and yours for making DW01 a memorable time.

JeffAllen, did you ever get any tests done? Hope you heal OK.
THanks to Jeff, Hogwylde, DKB, Surreal and everyone else for the McGyvering on No_Mos KX. :)
Treejumper, next time don't be so shy about accepting rides. If you do, we are going to start throwing fuzzy caterpillers at you :p

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Made it home safe yesterday afternoon. WOW...What a great time. It took me about 2 hours to wash half of the LTM mud off of my bikes. I finally gave up and put them in the garage dirty.

I have to work now.
Ride report to follow later today or tomorrow.

See ya next year. :cool:

shiftless

DRN MOM
Sep 30, 2000
Slo Mo, thanks for that terrific salsa! It came in real handy when we didn't have time to make lunch, we had salsa and chips on the run. It was so good to see you guys again.

Joy

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
OffRoadWarrior and I made it back last night as well. Tired and sore today, but happy. Couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my birthday than at DirtWeek! :cool:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my birthday than at DirtWeek!

WHAT?! When? Maybe you'll get a trials bike for a belated present?:p

RM250boy

Mar 7, 2001
Thank You DRN

I just wanted to say that was THE best riding time I have had all year! I had so much fun for 4 whole days being able to just hop on my bike and go for a ride whenever I wanted! I got to hit the woods which is where I am most familiar. I was eased into motocross by riding around the big GP track and then felt confident enough to get on the real motocross track! I was able to be in Hare Scramble and a real Motocross race, something I had always wanted to do! (chest puffed out) Yeah, I race motocross!!! And last but not least, I am so happy to have met all the great people of DRN! Special thanks to Scooter for going out of her way to help me meet all the people running the show! I have to say that it is no wonder that DRN is such a great family of people because I realized that the heart of it all really IS a family. Seeing Mom out there giving her all to make things great for everyone and then receiving the plaque at the awards ceramony, it was all I could do to keep from flooding the whole MX track with tears! It is great to put a face with so many of the members, mods, and admins now! Thanks to EVERYONE and I cant wait till next year! :cool:

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Who could ask for a better time! Super people, a great place to ride and so many people willingly giving of themselves to insure everyone had a great time. A big thanks to all!

I want to especially thank LoriKTM, GoSpeedRacer and dhoward for letting me spend so much time on their bikes I can't say how much I appreciated it.

Thanks so much DKB for the great company and lift back to the airport.

One of the biggest highlights of DW01 was getting to finely meet MikeB. We worked together on the JustKDX site for year yet we've never met face to face. It was like a reunion with an old friend. You'll never know how much I appreciated everything Mike, thanks you so very much for everything. :)

MikeB, Timr, and FarmerJohn thanks for the woods ride'n LTM style :D

David

Top Bottom