250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
I am looking for a pair of biking boots this spring and I am not sure what to get.I don't race,I mostly trail ride and am tired of sticks,rocks,trees,branches,barbed wire(ouch) and kickstarts pounding my feet and legs.I would just like some support and protection in an affordable boot.My question is,are there certain boots that are better for trails,or are all boots pretty much the same for racing and trail riding?My boots will be used a lot,and they will be used hard.Does anybody know what boot might suit my needs best?

Thank you,
250girl

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Go to a shop and try some on! What is your price range, and also your foot and calf size? If you are looking for a really nice pair of high end boots, in the $300-400 range, I would reccomend the Alpinestars, Gaeres, and Sidi's. If you don't want to spend quite that much, Alpinestars has wide array of quality boots for almost any price range, from $100-$400. Trail riding doesn't mean you should use cheaper gear, or anything less than you would on a motocross track in general. The same answer for the helmet question applies to this infamous boot question, buy what you think you are worth, your ankles, or your head. You get what you pay for. Breaking an ankle and losing time at work plus hospital bills gets expensive quick, but such injuries are easily preventable with a good pair of boots. You do not need to buy girl boots either, although the Astar Stella's are of actual good quality, because they are mostly junk, low end boots in pretty colors. Try them on and see what you like, DO NOT buy before you try!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I recently bought a pair of closeout/leftover Sidi's (2006's) for a really good price at extremesupply.com. I highly recomend Sidi's........ as long as your feet aren't extremely wide, (being a girl you wouldn't admit it if they were :) ) and the calf size is quite adjustable. They have a nice selection of other boots, helmets,........

Top Bottom