XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Sounds like a friendship gone sideways :think

From RacerX online
Racer X: It’s like you and Ricky have traded places for the 2002 season. What’s your take on that?

Ezra Lusk: Well, I’ll tell you how it is — the change has affected our personal relationship. We used to be practice partners for years. There were days I wouldn’t even put my leg over the bike unless it was just him and me riding. Now he’s number one and he doesn’t care to ride with me anymore. It’s a touchy subject. Once we’re done racing and retired, we’ll be friends. But right now, we’re not tight. In fact, I’ll say I’m a little disrespectful to Ricky right now. He doesn’t ... [long pause] … if he thinks he can come in and do what I thought I cold do [at Team Honda], he has another thing coming. He thinks I wasn’t good enough to get it done at Honda, and that I didn’t put the effort in. We’ll see how he does.

Read the rest of the interview at RacerX

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I don't know if I'd call them fighting words, definetly a warning to RC to be ready for Honda and thier attitude. Honda is trying everything they can to buy another championship, RC is just the latest.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
BS! Those ARE fightin' words!

I love it. That's the first inside line we've had on Ricky and his 'tude. I'm with Ezra. In fact, he's my new HERO, for speaking up and telling the truth about him despite the fact that it's slightly unprofessional, politically incorrect, and ill-advised. I love a good rebel. :p

Supercross will be interesting, and I think closer competition than most think.

Go Ezra. :)

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
he's my new HERO, for speaking up and telling the truth about him despite the fact that it's slightly unprofessional, politically incorrect

Ditto. Maybe the added motivation is just what Ezra needed. Hope the green bikes suit him. I would love to see somebody rise up and take both titles from team red next year. Its gonna be a tall order

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
This is great. I really hope Ezra can step it up this year. I've never been a big supporter of him in the past, but I really hope he can take RC off the top spot. I also like a good rebel. His words in this interview sounded like they came from the heart.

I've also felt that RC's head was really starting to inflate too much. His recent interview sounded pretty pretentious to me. I really want to see him humbled.

Max Factor

Sponsoring Member
Oct 18, 2000
Originally posted by roosteater
His recent interview sounded pretty pretentious to me. I really want to see him humbled.

Was that the one where he stated "I deserve Honda and Honda deserve me"??

It does seem to have gone to his head.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I kinda feel like RC has earned the right to say just about whatever he wants(too an extent), he has proven to be one of if not the best MX racer ever. I'd also say its a proven fact that Honda puts alot of pressure on their riders they have a bunch of history they're trying to live up to. Ezra is one of my fave riders and I hope that this move to Kawi works out for the best for him and he can get back to where he was in 98 and 99.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Originally posted by IDkTm
he has proven to be one of if not the best MX racer ever

hmmm . . . I guess so, if you differentiate MX from SX. But to me, nowadays MX equals MX plus SX (in the old days there was no SX). So by my definition, he has a long ways to go to get into the "best ever" category.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
you guys must be in heaven. the two biggest hate groups in mx have now united. the honda haters and the rc haters. just think, you will have something to complain about for at least two more years. ezra must feel left out now.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Before you can be considered the best you have to last loner than a couple of seasons. The "Best" will have to win more championships than MC to ever have that title.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
For all time or thiis year??Who then for this year?? RC obviously, Windham maybe, Ferry maybe, Patrana, not consistenly. Tell me oh wise mxer, who is top three.:think

Who for all time???? MC would definetly have to be in that group. Right???:)

Last edited:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i put decoster, hannah, and rc above mc. there is no doubt that mc is the best supercross rider ever and will probably remain that way but i don't think his outdoor results are good enough to justify the claim of best ever all time.

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
This could turn into a flame, but I am really getting sick of championships being bought!
It's happening in every sport, and I'm finding myself more and more uninterested in pro sports.
I am all for a free market, but since when, in the real world, has an employee made more money than his employer; these egotistical, self-absorbed,
tycoons(select few owners and manufacturers) are driving the salaries up to "stupid" levels (can't blame the athletes they're only human, and are taking advantage of what is being put in front of them). These few owner's/manufacture's are degrading "our" sports to a level where only 10% of the teams are competitive and the rest are in the way. I for one am sick of seeing the same teams in the finals, and watching other teams young talent being "bought" out. These arrogant cockroaches have got to get a clue, and realize that the true nature of sports is to build up a championship team; not to buy a championship team. How proud can you be of a trophy that you bought, but didn't really earn! These people have obviously never felt the true pride in taking home a trophy that was truly "earned"!

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Makes me have so much more respect for guys like Pastrana. Can you imagine the willpower it must take to keep the happy face going? And I think it's great. Some people will prefer that a rider "keep it real", whatever. I want my kids to see that real men don't trash talk, or say things behind other's backs. Those same people who like to see anger get the better of a star, I think they're the same type of person who enjoys the downfall of our once moral society. They're the same people who like to see someone cuss on television, or like to see the networks test the limits of the FCC with bodily humor or nudity. I've been guilty of that too, but have been slowly changing my attitude since becoming a father.

I know it's hard, being under the spotlight 24/7, but those guys are in a different world. If they have what it takes to make it to the top, I think they can dig deep and keep their ego's and attitudes in check as well. That dispute between RC and Lusk, whatever it is, should have been kept private. Sounds like kindergarden to me. :silly:

Top Bottom