kitchener

Apr 6, 2005
I'm headed out there this weekend to visit family and would like to do some riding. I know one could travel an hour or more FROM there to find some riding, but is there any riding in either county?

On motocross.xxx, there are a couple posts about some riding areas, but I can't back into the directions on mapquest to verify whether they're legit or not.

There were two (on motocross.xxx) posted for York:

"Trail Blazers Park" -- "go rt 30 east, get off gridley exit, take right off ramp, go 5 miles, take left on grumpets rd, about 1 mile is the entrance -- pay at the entrance. very cheap, great practice track, there is a bonus section in the woods with hill climbs, biggest jump is about 120 feet. there is a mix of jumps. amazing track"

I can't for the life of me figure out where this is (Gridley Exit??) -- is there riding at Trail-Ways speedway in Hanover, perhaps? I pored over Mapquest following 30 through York and couldn't find any of those roads anywhere near it...

Here's the second:

"Pilican Creek" -- "go north (sic) on rt 30, go off of Bidley exit, right off ramp, go 4 miles, go onto Frongo rd, right there is the entrance. Great track."

First, 30 doesn't go north or south, but accounting for user error, where is Bidley Exit or Frongo Rd?? Could this be the same place?? (Gridley/Bidley)...

Here were the two posted for Lancaster:

"McMarshalls Mx Track" -- "Go rt 30 west, get off old phila pike, take a right off ramp, go about 4.5 miles, go on to orangeville rd. about half a miles is the entrance on left side, McMarshalls Mx track. good practice track. great jumps and corners and a 35 bike gate, operator will be on it at all times. we will have little contest like freestyle and little races on saturdays. open everyday."

The second:

"Orange Mx Park" -- "go on rt 30 west, get off of roherstown exit, take the lft off ramp, go about 2 miles, take a left on mcnut rd, go about 3 miles, and the entrance is right there ont he right. Orange Mx Park. Pay at entrance. This is an amazing place to ride, there are 4 tracks, novice, intermed/expert, and pro. All of them are pretty large. also a section in the woods for hill climbs for fun. ... lights on tracks for night tiem."

I found Rohrerstown in western Lancaster on Mapquest, but no sign of a McNut Rd...

Any help out there for any of these promising sounding destinations (or alternatives)?

Thanks!

kitchener

Apr 6, 2005
Good, timely tips, all. Thank you.

I can report back, though, that Johnny Law doesn't seem to be cracking down along the Codorus Creek as I'd heard he once did. Staying opposite the quarry (if you're familiar with the area), a haven for riders until someone got hurt and sued the state years back, I noticed riders all day Saturday, so we went out and found how to get in to the trails. Most are parking behind Jack Giambalvo's (along 30), and from there, the trail heading in is pretty obvious. However, you can skip having to cross railroad tracks (and find a lot more parking) taking another way. Headed east on 30 (before Giambalvos), you'll cross the bridge over the Codorus Creek (San Carlos on your left) -- the very first right is Loucks Mill Road. Take the right on to Loucks Mill Rd, and take the very first left into a stone parking lot. Bear left and drive under the over-pass (it's a dirt/stone road), and snake left until you can park under the bridge above that you just came over before turning on to Loucks Mill. You'll see the trail headed north along the Codorus, which will take you into the mountain trails. Spent most of today there with my 5 year old and his little 50. Flagged a 4-wheeler down Saturday when we were scoping it out and he said he's been riding there a long time now and the cops never hassle anyone.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sorry we couldnt help but i dont know of anyone that rides in that area that posts on here. Atleast it sounds like you and your son had fun.

Top Bottom