Rob_43

Apr 7, 2001
I want to get an aftermarket pipe. Most folks I talk to recommend the Yosh.

Should I get the slip on (cheaper) or the full system. They told me that the full system will fits a little closer to the bike for less damage and it offer a little more HP. The slip on is easier and cheaper for me and also offers a good HP increase. I wanted to know what you folks thought? I am sure that some of you have this pipe. (or do you recommend a completely diff pipe?

On another note I called Baja Designs and they recommended that I change the pilot and main jet but Yosh recommends that I just change the Main? Who do I listen to?

I have a 2000 DRZ400 Dirt only.

Thanks for all the help :silly:

B

biglou

Rob-I've got a 2000 "E" model and I went from an FMF slip-on to the full Yosh. The difference was quite noticable. The full Yosh pulls harder all the way from the bottom on up. It does cost a little bit but it was worth it, in my opinion. Also-I'm assuming you know about pulling the airbox cover and re-jetting? If not, there are numerous threads in here with all kinds of info on those subjects. Also check out http://www.thumpertalk.com/suzukidrz400/ for tons of info on all things DRZ!

Rob_43

Apr 7, 2001
Lou,

Thanks. I am rejetting and pulling th snorkel. I have ordered the jet kit from Baja Designs. I am not sure if I am gonna get the pipe I dont want to lose my favorite riding spot. I like it too much!

Thanks for the reply

PS: Thumpertalk is great for us DRZ owners :) I am a member with them too

Top Bottom