MARK # 51

Apr 18, 2000
does anyone here have any expierence with the yoshimura titanium exhaust systems for four stroke motocrossers? im interested in putting one on my 2001 ktm 520sx. i have a big gun on it now but it touches the shock spring and also melts through my side panel.

motojunkie

Apr 25, 2001
Let us know how you make out. I'm also interested in that set up, but I'm not good enough to need it yet. :D Have you messed with gearing yet? I'm thinking about going to 14/50 or 14/51.

B

biglou

I have one,

although it is on a different bike. The application is different but I can say that mine fit absolutely perfectly. The diameter of the pipe is much larger than stock so the clearances in the tight spots are less, but there is no clash anywhere. I like it. Quality made product, which it had better be for the price! Thorough instructions, as well. Hope this helps. :)

MARK # 51

Apr 18, 2000
MJ, i ran 14/51 and it was good. just recently had to buy chain and sprockets and i wanted to make the bike longer so i bought the 132 link chain. i chose to go with 15/54 this time...the gear ratio is still about the same. works good.

ACS

Apr 17, 2001
A friend is running a full Ti Yosh pipe on his YZ250F and fit was fantastic and performance was really good. It looks like a work of art with springs etc and fits up the standard heat shields etc. I was impressed looking at it and riding it.

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
I just put one on my DRZ yesterday and My hats off to Yoshimura for there workmanship, fit, and Quality, My throttle response has improved dramatically, and I acually have a little more clearance than with the stock pipe., The only thing I don't like is it is LOUD!:scream:

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Anyone out there using Yoshimura on a KLX300? The quality looks great, but hesitant to put form before function. Maybe I can have both?

Mark

thump chump

Jun 20, 2001
Yosh Ti pipe

I had one and it fell apart! I have also tested the majority of other pipes available. The one I like best is the Big Gun. Brandes has holeshot how many nationals this year? And all he is running is the Big Gun pipe. It has more torque and power from the bottom through the mid, with about a 2~3 hp gain on top still. It just doesn't rev out as much as the other available pipes. But what no one seems to know is that the engineworks BETTER if you DON'T run it uo to the rev limiter all the time.

But hey, it's just my opinion! The Big Gun is priced well and has held up to my abuse. They also stand behind their product better than anyone else!:p

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Hey Thump Chump,

My mom told me CPA's don't ride. I never believed her anyways, but have to admit, you're the only other person I've seen that admitted to it. Good for the CPA image to let loose. Just hard getting my helmet on over the pencil behind my ear....

Mark

thump chump

Jun 20, 2001
my mama said

what firm do you work at? Or are you in private industry. I know of only one other accountant that rides. A big guy that's a little on the wild side of riding. He works at a small firm in Encino. I work in private now. If you race you should check out REM at glen Helen every Sat.

Top Bottom