Dede

May 23, 2004
Wow, you girls really kick some major butt on this forum. I'm very impressed. :worship: I just got my first bike two months ago at the age of 34 . I didn't think there would be that many women riders my age. It's really nice to know. I'm enjoying reading all the threads in this forum. There's so much good stuff to read. I'll be going trail riding tomorrow when I get out of work. I can't wait. The last few days there's been heavy down pours so the trail should be extra muddy. I've fell off my bike three times so far and have had tons of bruises ( no trips to the hospital yet) but I'm dying to do a wheelie. If I can get up enough courage I'll attempt it soon. Maybe if I read a few more of the treads it will give me enough of a push to try it tomorrow (hee,hee. just maybe). Thanks girls. This forum is just what I needed to help my addiction. :laugh:

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Welcome to the club. I got my TTR when I was 36. It's a great bike to start on. I am now on a CRF250X after 2 years on the TTR. Have fun! There are alot of us ole gals on the board.
SusanE

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Welcome, Dede! And yes, this board is great for feeding your addiction. :eek:
Scrapes and bruises are all part of the game, but I try to limit my trips to the hospital. They get too expensive. ;)

We expect some ride reports out of you, now that you've joined up!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Hey Dede! I bought my first bike at the age of 36, good to have you on board, btw! My first wheelie adventure came about by accident, lol.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
We're glad you could join us here in the ladies room. :cool: Be sure and check out the DirtWeek forums to see if you can attend this year. Meeting these gals in person is a blast!! :yeehaw:

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

I started riding at 12...I just have to be different...lol
Anyway, good to see another woman getting into riding, there are more and more getting into it all the time. Good luck on your trail ride I hope you have a blast.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I started riding at 18 (almost 22 now), my mom rode when she was really young. She stopped before I was born and didn't get another dirt bike until she was 38. I did get her to race w/me one time...just once...Kinda nerve racking for her. It's all good though! She can rip on the trails, I myself stick to the track...I'm afraid of trees

Dede

May 23, 2004
thanks for the cool replies (or is it spelled replys? One thing you'll learn about me is that I suck at spelling. hee,hee). I would have loved to go to Dirt Week this year but not enough advanced warning plus lack of funds. That was the first thing I read about when I first logged onto this site. It sounds so cool. Who knows maybe next year. That would be cool if they had something like that around this area.
My trail ride yesterday was on alright. I'm glad that I got to ride but like I was saying earlier, because of all the heavy rain the trail is very slick and muddy. It's funny cuz this past sunday was the official end of mud season here and I swear the trail was five times worse then during actual mud season. Life is funny like that. I just ended up going back and forth a couple of times then headed home. This friday (weather permitting) I'm going again plus this is the long weekend so I'll take advantage of that. It can't rain all the time ( a quote from the movie "The Crow". hee,hee).
And MXGirl230, it's funny that you mention something about riding w/ your mother. When I told my mom that I just got a dirt bike I was expecting her to say "what are you crazy" but instead her eyes got big and she was real interested and learning. She kept bringing it up alot the all weekend that I was down visiting. So who knows, she'll might be next on a bike (hee,hee).
c-ya everyone

Dede

May 23, 2004
bbbom:

That's cool that your kids started riding so young and you support them. That's one thing that I now wish I started alot earlier doing. I was a real sheltered kid so I didn't really venture out and didn't break out of my shell until around 19 years old. Now I've been just trying to catch up for lost time. :)

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
teehee, same here, except my shell didn't break til I was 44.....um, like 7 years ago??? Ah well, makin' up for lost time!
-SusanP.
CRF250x

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
The Ant said:
teehee, same here, except my shell didn't break til I was 44.....um, like 7 years ago??? Ah well, makin' up for lost time!
-SusanP.
CRF250x

s'funny... that's just about the time you met me... (grin) - rb

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
srellis said:
Hey now!! This is a family forum!!! :p

So do you two have your own PC's or do you just trade one off?
SusanE

<ROFL...grin> We have two PCs.
Susan's is in her office (she runs her printing/graphics business from our basement). I log in from my home PC and/or work PC and blather away.

That's why you get replies at the oddest hours. LIke this one from work at 1-effin'-AM in the morning. :bang:

Cheers! - rb

The Ant

Jan 3, 2002
Yeah, Randy has dragged me into the new world by downstreaming his old castoff computers... but now I couldn't do my job without mine. He's the real DRN subscriber in the family tho.
-SusanP
CRF250x

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Welcome aboard Dede :) Let us know how it goes with mom. If the bike thing doesn't work out, maybe try her (hate to say this) on a quad & that way you can still go riding with her sometimes.

I was 32 I think when I started riding & sometimes even enjoy it a little bit. I know I've wanted to burn my bike a few times, wanted to sell it many more times and put myself through hell the rest. I also go withdrawal symptoms after a few days of not riding and it's worse after a bad day (heck, the next surely can't be that bad & I'm bound to have fun).

Oh, a funny thing happened last weekend. I went riding with a friend & her 11yo daughter. None of us like downhills & at one stage we had to go down this big one, so I stopped at the bottom to make sure the 11yo was okay (her mum & I have been down it many times, the youngster had never). I made sure I was out of her line-of-sight so she didn't concentrate on watching me & paid attention to avoiding a couple of trees. At one point she started getting target fixation on one of the trees & I started sweating it up. She came right & got down safely. I congratulated her on a job well-done & she shook her head & said she stuffed it up as she put her foot down. Oh no, she's as bad as me being too hard on herself. I think she did great & so does her mom but am worried (slightly) that she's going to be like me (she's very like me at her age, but I think she's a lot nicer - not hard). Just had to share that as it was cute :)

If you get the chance to go riding with any of the girls here, go for it, they're a great bunch.

rainrider

Jun 5, 2004
I started riding in 1996 at the age of (gulp) 42.....(which, according to BBBom makes me 34 now!) My husband and I thought we would just like to get to some back country areas and do lots of exploring with our new dual sport bikes. (he had a dr350 and I had a xt225.... fun bikes for the forest roads but not trails) we are now dirt bike freaks and drive all over the west to race in hare scrambles, enduros and ISDE's. i love my 200exc but am thinking hard about the new honda cr250x. The BEST part about dirt bikin is the people you meet!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Hmm, Lori, I wondered when your b-day was! Gonna have to celebrate it at the Father's day ride, huh?

(BTW good news about that--I might have a bike)

janice70

May 29, 2003
i think this board is awesome. i come and go. i really want to meet up with some of you. i started riding and racing at age 35. (37 now) i do it for fun!

just thought i'd pipe in and say hi.

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
This is definitely a great place for all of us ol' ladies and the young ones too!

Firecracker - we will be celebrating my old, er young age at the Father's Day Ride! I always figure it's a birthday month anyways!!

Hope you get the bike back together. I haven't been able to catch Joe at home - no way I'd catch him outside anyways. I sent you a couple links that little Jared's dad used to get parts to rebuild his 65 - they had everything in stock and delivered to them within a couple days for a good price.

Top Bottom