you know what this forum needs?

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
A ventrilo channel. A few of the computer forums i post at have one. people just get in the channel and can talk over a mic to everyone thats in the dirtrider.net channel.

i dont know how many of you will be in favor of this, but i would love to chat it up with some of you guys.

http://www.ventrilo.com/ is where you get it

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It's bad enough that I have to read some of the non-sense I see on here.. I certainly don't want to have to hear it too!!

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
you could make it exclusive to subscribers. and you can just mute the people that talk nonsense all the time. you can have a bunch of different subchannels too. one could be for subscribers, one could be private, one could be public, etc.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Part of the appeal of the forum is that people can check in at different times, catch up, and still participate. I would dislike a ventrilo channel as much as I dislike chat...I think it takes away from the forums.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
when I think about what this forum needs, only one thing comes to mind:

capes for the moderators

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
XRpredator capes for the moderators[/QUOTE said:
Silly hats. :whoa: The mod's should have silly hats to go with their capes. :nod: ;) :laugh:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Ol'89r said:
Silly hats. :whoa: The mod's should have silly hats to go with their capes. :nod: ;) :laugh:

NO! We would need tights to go with our capes and superpowers. Silly hats and frocks are Elk's domain.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Ol'89r said:
Silly hats. :whoa: The mod's should have silly hats to go with their capes.
I like that A LOT! :cool: :boss: :)

Free pizza & beer, with ocassional nakedness; OH WAIT, scratch the naked stuff! I've seen what some of the people post here. Just free pizza & beer is plenty!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
a chatroom wouldnt be a bad idea
Moose said:
This forum has chat too, you just have to be a Support Team Member.
I love how peeps who browse the boards for free are the ones who want more bells and whistles.

and I don't want bells and whistles, or even a funny hat. Just a cape.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
XRpredator said:
I love how peeps who browse the boards for free are the ones who want more bells and whistles.

and I don't want bells and whistles, or even a funny hat. Just a cape.

We should take up a collection to get you a cape.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I think we should explain to the OP why it is a bad idea and not make fun of him. I'm sure his intentions were good.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I would like less bells, whistles, & mindless crap to deal with and more pay!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
trial_07 said:
I think we should explain to the OP why it is a bad idea and not make fun of him. I'm sure his intentions were good.
OK.
It's a bad idea because:
-We said so.
-Bandwidth costs cubic $$
-DRN is a forum community, adding all the other stuff junks it up and takes away from the content of the site as it was oridinally intended.

junkjeeps

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
HubertGarfunkleIII said:
a chatroom wouldnt be a bad idea

They have one. Look up top in the toolbar. It's the one labeled "Pit".

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
sparkysakitas said:
so who is starting the get pred a cape fund ?? :nener:
Me!
Send large volumes of small unmarked bills to me. I will then obtain his cape or a reasonable substitue which could be a red and white plaid table ccloth with gravy and ketchup stains.

Top Bottom