Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Got this from my mom. It all makes sense.........to me.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM PENNSYLVANIA

*You know what a "State Store" is, and your out of state friends find it incredulous that you can't purchase liquor at the mini-mart.
*You live for summer & fall, when street fairs signal the beginning of funnel cake season.
*You know what REAL potpie is.
*You ask the waitress for "dippy eggs" for breakfast.
*Your turkey has "filling," not "stuffing," and most certainly, NOT "dressing."
*You consider Pittsburgh to be "out west," and you know the fastest way to Philly is the Turnpike.
*When someone says 1972, you think "Agnes," and when someone says 1979, you think "TMI".
*You call sloppy joes, "barbecue.
*When it snows, they put cinders on the roads instead of sand.
*The first day of Buck season and the first day of Doe season are school holidays.
*One of the highlights of your life was a field trip to Penn's cave and Horseshoe curve.
*You know exactly what to do when your mother tells you to "red up" your room.
*You know the time and location of every "wing night" in a 20 mile radius.
*You don't think people from Philly or Pittsburgh talk funny.
*All of your childhood vacations were trips to the Jersey or Maryland shores.
*You design your children's Halloween costumes to fit over a snowsuit.
*Driving is always better in winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
*You find 20 degrees just a little chilly.
*You can recite the four seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and construction.
*Words like "hoagie", "crick", "chipped ham", and "pop" actually mean something to you.
*You can use the phrase "fire hall wedding reception" and not even bat an eye.
*You think nothing of an Amish buggy on the road.
*You learned long ago how to "step carefully" around the buggy tie-ups in the supermarket parking lot.
*You constantly refer to Pennsylvania as "PA" (pronounced Pee-ay). How many other states do that?
*You can go 2 weeks in winter without sunshine and think this is normal.
*You know that Blue Ball, Intercourse, Climax, Bird-in-Hand, Virginville, Paradise, Mars, and Slippery Rock are PA towns.
*There is no such thing as a "Philly Cheesesteak". Its just called a Cheesesteak since everybody knows where they come from.
*Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
*"Vacation" means going to Hershey Park for the weekend.
*You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
*You often switch from "Heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
*You use a down comforter in the summer.
*Your grandparents drive at 65mph through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
*You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
*You install security lights on your house and garage and then leave both unlocked.
*You think of the major food groups as deer meat, fish, and berries.
*You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend or wife knows how to use them.
*There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the Sheetz mini-mart at any given time.
*You can actually eat cold pizza (even for breakfast) and know others who do the same. Those from NY find this "barbaric".
*You not only have heard of Birch Beer, but you know that it comes in several colors: Red, White, Brown, Gold.
*At least 5 people on your block (for the city folks) have electric "candles" in all or most of their windows all year long.
*You know several places to purchase or that serve Scrapple, Summer Sausage (Lebanon Bologna), and Hot Bacon Dressing.
*You can't go to a Pennsylvania Wedding without hearing the "Chicken Dance" and at least 5 other Polkas.
*You actually understand these jokes and will send them on to your friends in PA too.

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
LOL about 75% of thoes also work for NY, well Buffalo. I posted somthin just like this but for people that live in buffalo.

*You can actually eat cold pizza (even for breakfast) and know others who do the same. Those from NY find this "barbaric".

Thats not barbaric I do that! Yummy! :thumb:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John
Got this from my mom. It all makes sense.........to me.

YOU KNOW YOU'RE FROM PENNSYLVANIA

*You actually understand these jokes and will send them on to your friends in PA too.

:scream: Very funny Farmer. :) I grew up in McKeesport. Brought back some old memories. :thumb:

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
How true how true about the cheesesteak. No "Philly cheesesteak " even comes close to the real thing. and nobody will ever get me to leave the land of TastyKakes

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by Farmer John
*You know what a "State Store" is, and your out of state friends find it incredulous that you can't purchase liquor at the mini-mart.

Papakeith and SqueakyGirl learned what a 6 pack shop was this weekend at Paragon. Then they made fun of it because you could only buy two 6 packs at a time. :)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Exactly what do they put in scrapple?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
And you think us West Coast folks are weird, geesh!

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
Most of those do apply, beigh from PA myself. When I get home, i will look at a shirt I have, it has, Pittsburghese language on it :)

Ya the cities get cinders, we get what left after they powerplant cleans the burners.

Dont forget, the local mall is the sheetz down on the corner......

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
mmmm scrapple. Mom used to fry it and we'd eat it like pancakes -w- butter & maple syrup. :)

Never took a field trip to the Curve though.
That's were we rode dirtbikes! :thumb:
"BigMurph" was just a stones through over the hill!
Best ridin ive ever seen!
Nothin like stoppin by Sheetz's on the way home for a MTO or some "deathdogs" either! Yum! :cool:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Sloppy Joe's is barbeque? That's a disgrace.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Originally posted by 95cr250jbw :
" You road at Murph? Where did you live in PA? I live about half an hour from there."

Lived in the big metropolis area of Tyrone. :confused:
heh heh. "big metropolis", bet i get struck by lighning for that one.
Used to have fun powerclimbing Murph in 2nd gear.
Never got enough courage up to go back and try "Dirty Harry" though.
THAT one scared the beejeeshus out of me just LOOKING at it. :scream:

Does anyone still ride there, or is it still pretty much locked up? :(

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Mmmm. . .wing night at Duffs or better yet Hooters. . . Mmmm I want some now! I love that I live in Buffalo, the home of the Buffalo wing! Many try to imatate it but no one can. :yeehaw:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
NO, not Hooters, but the Lube! Quaker State and Lube in Sharon, PA (The Original). I got some of the sauce in the fridge so i can have it anytime i want.

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
I thought us Eastern Ohio boys were the only ones that "red up" our rooms and went fishing in the "crick". It must be the Amish influence. You know your from Amish country when you see an engagement in the paper that says "Miller/Miller" and nobody thinks it's strange. BTW, we also eat dippy eggs, but they are called "Krepples" here.

jfurniss

~SPONSOR~
Aug 22, 2000
P.S.
I just realized my reply sounded dumb: The dippy eggs aren't called krepples. Dippy eggs are just dippy eggs. Scrapples are called krepples around here. My neighbor make them every year.

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Way too many truths here to list! :laugh: My fiance and future in-laws are from "PA". Although very accurate, you forgot a very important saying, "You comin with......" I still haven't broken my fiance of that one.......WITH WHO????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by jfurniss
You know your from Amish country when you see an engagement in the paper that says "Miller/Miller" and nobody thinks it's strange.

All I have to do is look at some of my mail. ;)
Half of my family is Amish.

Top Bottom