2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Well, not the centerfold, but he did make the cover of Trail Rider Magazine. Looking good!
<http://www.trailrider.com/> (for info on the magazine).

Attachments

• young_ted.jpg
    young_ted.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 288

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Thats pretty cool there INCA!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
That is absolutely awesome!

Congrats Ted... not many make the cover of a national dirt bike magazine.

:thumb:

(Funny... the DRN censor-bot removed the word c.enterfold!) :)

Last edited:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Like I told you Inca - you should change you name to ICON!!! That is TOTALLY AWESOME and it could not have happened to a more deserving individual!! Hey 2trakr: thanks a gahsillion for posting that pic!!!!
Woodsy

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
Very very cool!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Ted, congratulations! What’s next. A life time achievement award? It was a real pleasure for me to follow you @ trailfest. My chance to hang with the famous! I showed the cover to my wife and told her that I rode with famous renowned riders, and had dinner with them, told Lies about how fast I was, eat some very fine rum cake. MTR's are a great bunch of people!

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
To all MTR's. I don't believe it is possible for me to hit the keys that would explain my felings. My association with off road riding, of which you are a part, is simply fuel for my engine of life. Pat, you are two years late on the lifetime achievement award. I have a glass plate given to me at the Hare Scrambles & Enduro banquet by Brian Marr. The important part of the Dirt Rider cover is that it helps in keeping the old brands going, and I of course push Penton and the Penton Owners Group. As long as I'm pushing, why not shove. I wrote up a story on my MCCCT ride and the first half appears in the current issue of the POG newsletter - Still....Keeping Track. The rest will be in the Spring issue about March first. Check out the POG at their site - Pentonusa.org. Thanks to all. Young Ted

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Ted as usual, day late dollar short. Drop us a line next time your in the neighborhood. We’ll go for a ride!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Ted, after reading your post, I went to the Penton sight and am printing out an application form, and will be joining. Even though I don't (yet) own a Penton, I have great memories of seeing them and oogling them as a kid. Well, maybe my KTM kind of counts as a Penton owner!

Bikes have been a part of my life since I was 11 years old, as I'm sure most other people can attest to on this site as well. I'm hoping I can ride for a l-o-n-g time!

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Got the magazine in the mail today, put it on the kitchen table, but didn't say anything. Zach's eyes lit up when finally recognized and realized that it was Young Ted on the old Penton.

"What's he doing on the cover?!? Is Young Ted a professional racer???"

My wife just rolled her eyes... < shrug >

Racer#213

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 14, 2002
how is that magazine? I've been wanting to read about some Trails. Do they have a lot of bike tests? Tech Tips? what's it all about?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
www.trailrider.com

The web site is fairly out-of-date, but still has a lot of interesting articles.

The magazine covers a lot of East coast off-road events, and they do have some bike tests.

I like it for the writing style, that it's the complete opposite of all the west coast/socal rags, is woods-centric, and there are a lot of pics of bikes in the woods!

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by Racer#213
how is that magazine? I've been wanting to read about some Trails. Do they have a lot of bike tests? Tech Tips? what's it all about?

It's an woods magazine from the east coast run by a bunch of old hippies. Clipper has a nice editorial about some recent adventure. 1 Page riding tip, 1 page tech tip, 5-6 pages about enduros. Some other BS, pretty orange bike adverts; mandatory Duct Tapes (Hertfelder) in the back. Worth cost of admission just for his stuff. $20/year
Nice to read about riding where they've heard of mud (unlike Calif, etc).

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Additional info on the cover picture. Rider #711 is Leo Keller, a Hercules collector, who has come from Germany the last 3 Reunion Rides along with Burchard Lenz, 6 time German enduro champ, and Helmut Clasen, KTM dealer in Ontario. They are a German team and simply top notch people.

Pat - I jumped the gun on with two years ago on the award. It was only last year. As for riding, put that on hold right now. My next scheduled ride as of today will be March 21 in Arkansas. Before that though, I have to replace the clutch lever that bit the dust.

Mark - Wecome aboard to the POG. It is the finest group you will ever find. Where I am today is due to being a member. Owning a Penton is not a requirement. Being interested in motorcycles is what counts. I was facinated at 12, got my first street bike at 21 and in the dirt at 47. Have been there ever since. Pentons where all made by KTM from day one. Todays pumpkins are therefore grandchildren. We are all family and that is one of the best parts of the Penton Owners Group. When I was under the weather and could not attend a meeting in Amherst, they sent me a large copy of the picture with the Penton Team by the Cycleliner autographed by those present.

A very thankful Young Ted

Top Bottom