BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Hey everyone, sorry I haven't been online much lately but here is a "taste" :laugh: of where your BBQ dinner money went.

Mannford Masonic Lodge #515 donated $300 dollars to the Akdar Shrine for financial support of the Shriner's Hospital in Shreveport, LA.  The funds were matched by the Grand Lodge of Oklahoma.  There is only one cash register at any Shriner's Hospital and that is at the Snack Bar.  The most expensive item is 30 cents!  All other costs are covered by donatations.  Thank you everyone for your help in giving.

If you know of a child that is in need of speech or hearing therapy, crippling disablilities, or burns, PLEASE contact a Masonic Lodge near you or contact me.  No child or family will be turned away for a lack of ability to pay, PERIOD.  If you attend a parade this upcoming Holiday season, if a Shriner's group is participating, please help them with anything you can.  Your donations are put to work helping kids.  Thank you all for eating dinner with us at Dirtweek 2003.

<self edit> Additional proceeds have yet to be committed.  When the funds reach their final distination I will update everyone.<self edit>

Pictured below are the men that helped serve the BBQ at DW03, my Dad, Jesse D. was off playing Blue Grass in MO when this pic was taken.  O. J. Roland was also unavailable at the time the picture was taken.  The number on 'Brutus' is my lodges' number.:)
Left to right:
Lou Olson, Gene Box, Doug Helm, Ken McGee, BSWIFT, Glen Almy, Don Dingman, and Buddy Fernandez.  All pictured are 32 Degree Scottish Rite Masons and Akdar Shrine members.  Jesse D.(not pictured) is a 33 Degree Scottish Rite Mason and Akdar Shrine member. 

Attachments

• lodge+bike.jpg
    lodge+bike.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 513
Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Thank you to all the guys from your lodge that made a spectacular BBQ dinner possible:thumb:
That was one of the best ideas for Sat night. The food was great (sorry to those of you who came late and had to settle for sandwiches), the company was the best and the idea that the profits will be helping those in need is a great desert.
Thanks again to all of you

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I would also like to add one more thing, Doug Helm and Buddy Fernandez served in the US Navy in the Pacific during WWII.  I am very proud to know both of these men and hope that each of them can continue helping others, if not, I'll take care of them(with a little help from my friends)!

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Ditto on what Old guy said. It was a good meal, but it was great knowing that I could help someone out just by eating. Thanks to those who gave there time :thumb:

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I got there late, but those sandwiches were CHOW! Thanks, guys. People like you make me proud to be a human. :thumb:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
what everybody else said! :thumb: Good cause, good food, good people!
(i am still full,..... but I'll be hungryand looking forward to next year :laugh:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
It was great this year, but I am gonna wrap tarpaper in bubblewrap on Saturday morning so I can enjoy it first hand next year.

I'm with Okie, make this a yearly event.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Thanks for all of your work guys. The dinner was great and the fact that the proceeds went to the Shriners gives the meal a long lasting taste.

Top Bottom