vitolayne

Oct 30, 2003
I am considering an automatic clutch for my 02 KDX. It is between the Rekluse and the E?? Billet products because of the lower price than the Revloc. Both are around $400-$500.
Anybody with any experience with these products? I know that the concept works, but ant problems with installation or adjustments? The external adjustment feature (additional $100) seems like a good idea, but is it necessary if you are only trail riding rather than MX, GNCC, or enduro riding? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
If you are buying now - the Rekluse is out since they dont have one yet. I talked to them on the phone and it looks like end of March now instead of end of Feb.

That really only leaves the Billet since the Revloc is way expensive.

I am waiting on the Rekluse as I know several folks that just love it.

marksharp

~SPONSOR~
Sep 29, 2002
Revloc Rocks! Can't comment on the other types that were mentioned, but the concept is awesome. I've never had to adjust anything with mine. It's been flawless since I installed it a year ago, and I use it hard. I know it's expensive, but it's the best mod I've added to date. I think you'll love it , and you can point and laugh when you pass your buddies on the hills and tight woods.

vitolayne

Oct 30, 2003
Thanks for your advice. I can't swing the Revloc, but a buddy has one on his KTM and it does great. I hope that the other less expensive ones do as well. I think that I will wait until the Rekluse comes out in another month before I decide. Thanks again for your input. Vito

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
After one enduro, ('01 220, EFM auto-clutch) with a couple of playrides before and after, I had a chance to put some trail time on my back-up bike, ('95 200, stock clutch).
I quit after a short time on the trail. It was ALOT easier to get used to the auto-clutch, than to get used to NO auto-clutch.
It does take some getting used to, and they won't be for everyone, but I like the auto-clutch.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
A buddy of mine has blown up two Rev-Locs on his DRZ400. Be very careful when installing the main gear on the back of the clutch basket - LocTite and then stake the screws so they cannot back out.

know_fear

May 19, 2000
Hey marksharp, I'm in the process of installing a Revloc on my '00 220. Can you remember what spring settings you used? I was going to use just the two springs with the minimum tension so that the clutch will grab at minimum revs. What do you think?

767Capt

Jul 24, 2006
I've got the EFM auto-Clutch on one of my KDX220's, and it's absolutely fantastic. Very smooth take-up, and yes you can often sneak by a gear higher than normal. It takes about one ride to get used to, but now I can't imaging my bike without it. I'll probably put an autoclutch on my KTM 200EXC as well.

Top Bottom