JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Gotta agree with ya. Good choices.

Brown coz he has Euro background.
RC coz he's RC.
Ferry is probably the best choice, but Hughes may get the nod.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
That's a strong team, Rat. But Id like to see Pastrana, RC and Dowd.

Give Dowd and big orange a chance on those long Euro tracks!

Hughes and LaRocco would be good canditates, too.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I'm a big Dowd fan, his the only guy out there that is older than me and not by much:eek: I dont think he has the same speed that Ferry has shown this year. TP was awsome at last years MXdN but Brown is faster, he is our only shot at beating Grant imho. TP's bike looks realy slow to me maybe because he is so big. It's fun to talk about but i think we are sending last years team. We'll still win!!!!!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'd be happy with Brown and Ferry as well, and RC is a lock.

In Europe, Travis would not have to ride a production based bike, so he might have some serious horespower. Langston may well be the favorite in the 125's, but I don't think the South Africans will be title contenders with Albee retired. The French will be tough.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I could be wrong but i dont think that Suzuki makes TP a full blown factory bike for one race. I think they ship over the bike he rides at the nationals. Thats why they spend a week in europe before the race to get them to run on pump gas.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
I think you guys are got it all wrong, your forgetting about New Zealand!! Na i know we dont have a good chance at winning but i think the team to fear would be Belguim. Has anyone seen the results from the weekend?? 1-2-3 in the 500 class and im sure the ones who finished 1 and 3 would swap to a 250 no problem. And in the 125's a guy from there finished 2nd. It looks to me as though thats where a race for the that title will come from, anyone see or read about the pass Smets made on Everts and what happened after it??

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I've been hearing that Kawasaki may not be to hyped to build up RC bikes for the US Open or for the MX des Nations. The US Open one I can kinda see, but you'd think that Kawasaki of America would have enough national pride to want to win this thing.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I don't think you'll see RC at the MXDN due to his defection to big red. I'm pretty sure Kawasaki doesn't want to spend the money for one or two races, and they for dang sure won't let him out of his contract right after the season ends. But RC will probably be on a "Team Woody" machine for the US Open.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I doubt you could keep RC from going bike or no bike. He has short guy complex he needs to prove to the world that he is the best.:p

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
I'm not sure about having short man's complex (look at his girlfriend Ursula, she's like 5'11), but you guys are right about Kawi not being too excited about building him a bike. I think last years riders would be great, but I have questions about Ryno and Travis' bikes. I think Pastrana is too big for that thing. It's amazing that he's able to outride those guys, being so heavy. And Ryno's bike seems great, but the 426F is more reliable.:cool:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I'll be VERY disappointed if contract issues or Kawasaki's lack of enthusiasm keep Ricky at home. The race is at Namur in Belgium - how sweet it would be for RC to go 1/1 against a very tough home town team.

Kiwi_925 - You're right the Belgians have an excellent chance to win. While they did go 1-2-3 at the last 500cc GP, you might note that the entire USA and French teams were either at Red Bud or in the 250 GP.

MXdN - ya gotta love it.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Yes the USA teams and French may have been at Red Budd, but have u seen Numar?? Its set just above a town and set infront of a castle or something of that srcture, makes for great back-drops. But one pisture at was a wow factor to it was that the track went through the forrest, but the drop off they had was 80, and it hada kicker, the kicker was the damn tree root!! Also riders were hitting the branch's as they went down!! Another part of the track was across old cobble stones, which was the main road to the castle thingy they had. Well hopefully they wont change a thing and keep it as it should be!

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Well i read at mxnationls.com that the USA team has been picked, and it goes like this: Pastrana, Carmicheal, Hughes. Like my earlier posts say this track is set in a beautful place, and hopefully they wont change it from the way it was. But i wonder you will Bueglium pick for the open class?? Everts or Smets?? or will Everts drop down into a smaller class?? Oh well time will tell.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I think that Travis being Travis got him the nod over Brown. I mean, how can you not like the guy?

I'm still skeptical if RC will make it, with the contract issues and all, but surely they'll figure out a way to work it out to get him over there. Somebody has to have some pride.

I wouldn't mind seeing LaRocco go over there. He's one of my favorite riders, he always gives 110%, but he couldn't get a good start to save his life. Also with Hughes experience racing in Europe (albeit a short time over there), I think that helps his chances.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
OK guys, let's get this straight.

You're saying Carmichael should go on the 250, and Ferry or Hughes on their "big" 4 strokes. Hmmmm, something's amiss here. Perhaps it's because the "open" class, as far as I can tell, is meant to be faster than the 250 class, and neither Ferry nor Hughes can beat Carmichael on their "big" 4 strokes.

Makes no sense to me. Maybe they could still win, and I'm not saying those bikes arent' real open class bikes (well, yes I am :p ), but IMHO they should send LaRocco over there on a real open class bike--the CR500. Better yet, CR500AF. Remember, he was the last to win the open class in 93--on my "fav"--KX500. :cool:

Natester

Jun 24, 2001
You're right about neither of those guys being able to beat RC here in the states, but Namur is a different story. That place has paved sections where you could probably go 90mph, so the open bikes will have an advantage methinks. I think Ryno deserves it (he wanted to go when LaRocco and Windham said no), but LaRocco on that CR500AF would definitely make it interesting!:p

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
I think it's been done. According to the AMA/Chevy Trucks website, it will be the same team from last year: Carmichael, Hughes, Pastrana.:cool:

Top Bottom