Your thoughts on price of 05 and 06 Honda CRF80

Which way would you go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
I'm going to buy my son a Honda CRF80 and have a small dilemma I'm trying to iron out. Wanting to know some others thoughts on what they might do in this situation.

My local dealer has 2005 model CRF80's, new in stock, and will sell me one for 1499.00

My next closest dealer has 2006 Model CRF80's, new in stock, and will sell me one for 1595.00

Both prices are as low as they go. Considering both bikes are identical and still are to this day (07 models). I'm trying to decide if I want to save the 100 bucks or go for the newest model year.

IMO there isn't going to be any difference when it comes to resale value, should that ever be the case. Performance shouldn't be an issue IMO either. I could go either way, wouldn't matter to me price wise. I just sort of like the thought of getting him a new bike as cheap as possible and also buying from the local(est) guy since I frequent that store more.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Do you plan to kep the bike around or sell it off after a year or two?

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
I have a younger son that would be ready for it in 2 to 3 years, so most likely would keep it for 6 to 7 years at least.

However, I have a habbit of not getting rid of stuff like that.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
crrod said:
I have a younger son that would be ready for it in 2 to 3 years, so most likely would keep it for 6 to 7 years at least.

However, I have a habbit of not getting rid of stuff like that.

if youre going to keep it that long, it might be worth the extra buck to buy the 06'. but why would you buy a bike that will sit in your garage for 2-3 years :whoa: :think: .

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
I have two sons. One will get this bike now, the other will when he grows in to it.

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
OK, I went with the 05. They threw in a couple accessories for the bike, hand gaurds and fox bar pad.

snedsteven

Sep 19, 2009
Good choice, you saved around $100, in that case if he wrecks and brakes something on the bike, or simply wants modifications done to the bike your will have some extra cash, or for other essentials

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Posted in December of 2006, I bet the kid is driving by now.

Top Bottom