PDBRacer

Sep 8, 2003
Hey,
I bent my handle-bars, Stock of course I guess its spose to happen.
I was wonder if i should stay with stock or get aftermarket ones
and if so what ones? I noticed that for certain bars I would have to get a whole new clamp due to the design of the stock clamps.
Oh and also where is a good place online to purchuse?
Please let me know soon.

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Good pair of Renthals always works for me. I'm not a big fan of the bars without the crossbars... just feels weird to me. Plus, who wants to buy another set of clamps.

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
you only need different clamps if you get 1 and 1/8 oversize bars, if you want oversize bars but dont want new clamps you can get universal clamps that bolt on or somthing, not exactly sure how they work tho. if you want to keep your stock clamps u can still buy a normal 7/8 renthal bars.

Danny23

Jun 7, 2003
If you get the oversized bars with universal clamps, make sure you get the universal bend bars too because the clamps raise the bars 3/4". The universal bend bars have a flatter rise to counter act the tall clamps. That is unless you like tall bars. My bars bent on my 03 YZ125 on my first ride. I went with a cheap TAG bar (7/8") that do the job just fine. Stock bars make good paper weights. Whatever you do, don't get a cheap steel replacement. Make sure you get aluminum.

Dan

PDBRacer

Sep 8, 2003
There arn't any universal mounts for the 03 YZ 125 because the mounts are attached to the clamp directly. I think im just gonna go with the Renthal 7/8 bars with a pad.

Danny23

Jun 7, 2003
Of course universal mounts are available. They use the bottom part of the stock mount, and mount on top. that is why they are taller. Look at the first picture on this page: www.allthingsmoto.com/archive/topic/280-1.html
(cut and paste it). They don't make the mounts for specific applications because they fit in any 7/8" bar mount.

Danny23

Jun 7, 2003
I'm not sure what your asking. The mounts allow you to use oversized bars (1 & 1/8") on the stock upper clamp (that's made for regular 7/8" bars). It saves you having to by a new upper clamp to run oversized.

The purpose of running oversized bars is that they are stronger.

Dan

Top Bottom