yz 125 2002 stock pipe too good?

anton

Jul 23, 2001
The new 2002 has awesome mid hit with stock pipe which really gets on the pipe immediately. I have tried 2002 DEP which smoothed out hit and raised top only slightly - not an option. Power seemed delayed somewhat.
Then tried 2002 SST - power curve changed a lot - no mid hit, no rapid out of corner power but more overrev.
In both cases, the stock pipe is giving better lap times. Strange!
All my previous bikes have benefitted from aftermarket before.
Has anyone tried anything else?? Doma? Fatty? Spes? etc
Regards
Anton

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I've heard that its all about the FATTY its just like the stocker add's alittle more of a profound hit to the mid and alittle more over rev. The stocker is a really good pipe hard to beat as you have found out. I think you money be better spent on porting but then again I feel that the bike stock doesn't need any help. The biggest gains are to be had in dailing in the jetting with this bike and I heard its alittle bit better if you go from the 49 to a 51 tooth sprocket in the rear aids in getting rid of the slightly hesitation it has on the very bottom.

flyinfinn

Nov 15, 2001
at the latest dirtbike-magazine was a test on fmf fatty and pro circuit pipes..
i know this is a little off topic ( and my english is very bad) but what pipe would give -99 cr 125 best top end power. i now have fmf fatty, i didn't get the original pipe when i bought it..:eek:

Top Bottom