Jan 22, 2008
can anyone give me some advice?

the clutch on my YZ125 96 would not dissengage (clutch drag), i tried adjusting the cable but no joy there. on removal of the clutch assembly i found that one of the towers on the clutch hub was missing, (previous owner i assume) therefore only 4 springs and bolts holding it all together, i also found the clutch nut to be finger loose too. is this likely to be the main cause of the problem?

can anyone also give me any pointers on the reinstall of the new clutch hub and plates etc..., the steel and friction plates all look good and i do have the clymer manual to assist.

****my area of doubt is the the lever arm re-instalation, the manual is a little ambiguious,where should it sit with the cable just nipping the lever, and where should it sit with the hand lever pulled in?

any help would be very much appreciated,

fatboyslim

Apr 11, 2006
get a new clutch basket and make sure you change your oil,also inspect your pushrods, they should fall out of you take the main nut out and tip the bike over.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
only 4 srpings and bolts are in place? how many are there supposed to be. i cant remember from when i did mine. i think i had 6 or so. you say on your inner hub, one of the towers is gone? do you mean one of the fingers are gone on the basket? what kind of manual do you have?

Top Bottom