2K1YZ125

Mar 3, 2008
SO I JUST REBUILT MY 2001 YZ 125 AND PUT A NEW JET KIT IN IT TOO,BUT I CANT KEEP IT RUNNING. IT START UP THEN SMOKES HEAVLY AND YOU CANT GIVE IT FULL THROTTLE.IT ALSO DUMPS GAS OUT THE VENT TUBE. EVERYTHING IS NEW CARB JETS AND TOP END BUT I CANT GET IT TO TUNE RIGHT?ANY HELP? :yell: I ALSO JUST CHECKED THE FLOAT VALVE AND TOOLED WITH THE AIR SCREW AND I GOT NOTHING.ITS DEFINATLY TOO RICH.HOW DO I FIX THE FUEL FLOW?OR DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO SET THE CARB FROM SCRATCH?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Did you replace the float valve? If buying a shop manual is too much, then use the parts micro fiche. The stock jet is the first one listed. The other thread you tried hacking into had a decent link to a jetting overview. There is a ton of information on this web site, and goes without question!

slodad

Sep 4, 2005
Did it run correctly before you rebuilt it? How did you adjust the float? The Mikuni on the '05 YZ125 requires a float bowl cap and some clear tubing to observe the fuel level. The manual doesn't give specifications for setting the level otherwise, so you're stuck doing it that way.

If the '01 uses a similar carb, you're probably going to have to get the tool so you can adjust it properly.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
This is what it says in the manual of my 2002 yz125.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,245

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I think i will just buy an extra drain plug and rig something up with carb hose.

Top Bottom