yz 125 Crack around kick starter

lxlzerolxl

Sep 6, 2006
Hi i got a yz 125 2001 model.

i just realised this monring that there is a big crack around the gear box area where the kick start is around it, because when i went fo r a ride yesterday i started bike and the kick start wouldnt come back up i think because dirt and stuff must hav got in the crack! Its on the right side, not the first set of covers but the second!

CAn this just be welded together or do i need to get a whole cover thingy?
I was jsut about to sell it and get a yz 250 now i got all these freakin problems :bang: :| :pissed:

Sry i dont know much about bike engines just basics, i just ride them!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
It can be tigged back and ground down and refined to where it will still look good. Take the cover of and clean it real good and take it to your local welding shop where they can tig.

lxlzerolxl

Sep 6, 2006
yeh cool thanx im gonna be doing that tomoro :)

sept i found another crack in the kick starter thingy its not the kick start itself its the part of the kickstart inside the engine where the spring is !! :(

it never ends

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
lxlzerolxl said:
yeh cool thanx im gonna be doing that tomoro :)

sept i found another crack in the kick starter thingy its not the kick start itself its the part of the kickstart inside the engine where the spring is !! :(

it never ends

Aaaahhh the joys of owning offroad toys!

okieguy

Apr 3, 2002
My kickstarter shaft broke on my yz250 breaking the side case.

I bought a new sidecase and kickstarter shaft instead of trying to weld the old one. (I have never had luck with welding, it always seems to warp the case where it won't seal)

Total parts cost was around $300 with my couple hours labor.

Guy

Top Bottom