Howser

Jun 1, 2010
So i had the reeds out of my 93 yz 125 and noticed some junk in the intake and decided to flush it out so i poured a bit of mixed fuel in the bottom end to find that it all drained out the mag side behind the cover. i pulled the cover, fly wheel and stator to find that the crank seal was barley in there. with a little touch the thing feel right out! the seal it seal looked pretty good with the little spring still there so i pressed it back it and put it all back together. is the correct way to install a crank seal is to split the cases or am i all set the way i did it? i was think about buying a new seal for both sides just to be safe? any input?

jsantapau

Nov 10, 2008
definately buy a new seal, I wouldn't trust that one at all. what you have to be careful of is not driving the seal in too far. When you the seal out again look towards the top of the bore that the seal sets in and look for a hole by the main bearing ,,,, You cannot block that off when you drive in the new seal, if you do you will strangle off any oil flow to that main bearing.

Top Bottom