woodsrider823

Aug 8, 2005
Rose my 98 yz 125 for about 30 minutes today around the house after a proper warm up. I then let it sit for about an hour and a half and then went out and it fired up right away i let it warm up for a little bit because it was still sort of warm. I started driving in low rpms to let it warm up a little more then after about 2 minutes after this i got on the throttle and as the rpms wound up it started bogging and died. Now i can only pop start it and it wound rev up. Compression still feels good. This is a fairly new top end to. Any one have any ideas of what the problem could be? thanks

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
look at your spark plug it probably fouled from the bike being lugged around at low revs. what plug are you using? glad to help need more info.

woodsrider823

Aug 8, 2005
yes ive ridden a two stroke before but i started the bike near the house where children were napping so i was trying to get out of the area so instead of pushing it i decided to ride it a low rpms because i thought it would be easier on the engine and quieter until i got away from the house. I just went back out and just held it open and finnally it got running right again then i came back inside for a minute went out started it up first kick again went to ride off and the same thing it just bogged out and now it wont even run with a pop start. sound like the plug?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah it sounds like the plug. I was just making sure you had a clue what you are doing. There are some people who are completely clueless. Your pilot circuit may be rich also. You should be able to put around without fouling a plug.

Top Bottom