Madmanadam

Oct 30, 2007
Hi all,
Got a Yz 125 about 4 weeks ago, and today it wont start, I'm reasonably sure it isn't flooded.
I think it is time to clean the air filter but I dont think that would have anything to do with starting the bike. It is also probably nearly time for new piston etc.

There is still good compression,
I am probably going to take it in unless any of you know some things to try first?

Have tried crash starting but the revs don't sound right, they sound very deep and mumbly (If you understand what I mean?)

The YZ Model is 2001 and it is second hand, please do not come in here and tell me that I bought a dud, I want help not criticism.

Blink-182

Feb 2, 2008
Clean carb, and by that i mean the pilot any everything if it was sitting for 4 weeks it must be gunky

and if that doesnt work right away try cleaning your plug

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
the air filter does play a big role in your bike performing. the bike will not start with out gas and air. if the the bike isnt getting enough because the filter is so dirty it wont start. check the plug. check to see if it has spark.

Madmanadam

Oct 30, 2007
Hey all,
Thanks for your help, I have already taken it in to the shop..
And to the person who thought It had been sitting there for 4 weeks it hadn't I rode it about 2-3 times a week.
Thanks for your information guys ill take this into account for next time.

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
it might need new rings-
honestly its hard to say- could be a lot of things-
air leak- oil leak in the cases- bad reeds- clogged exhaust silencer/pipe ect...

Top Bottom