YZ 125 & O-ring chains

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I was going to install an o-ring chain on my yz but stopped, but the chain didn't chain the case around the counter shaft sprocket. the chain is just wide enough like 1mm to wide where the pins on the chain can rub the case. The chain is a DID 520v o-ring one of the smaller ones in width. Would getting a case gaurd solve this? Or do I need to install like a washer on the shaft to get the extra clearance I need. Thanks.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I have an o-ring on my YZ125. One washer is all you need. Make sure the ID is very close to the OD on the shaft. Once you put that on it's o-ring city. I've been running mine like that for a year now. If you want the easy solution, just go to the Yamaha dealer and buy two of the washer/lock rings that keep your counter shaft sprocket nut from loosening up. You'll probably use two and they will fit perfectly. I couldn't stand non o-ring chains wearing out on me. The o-ring is the deal. :cool:

If you have any questions, just ask.

MikeT

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…