May 29, 2009
I just put in a brand new spark plug and air filter. I just had the carb rebuilt, there is pressure from the piston so its not the top end. It sounds like it wants to start. I put in brand new gas too. It sometimes will kind of start, almost like its bogging, but will never fully start. Any suggestions? The shop wants 80 bucks just to see whats wrong with it and I would rather have an idea of what it might be instead of throwing an extra 80 at them

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
taylor_stewart89 said:
I just had the carb rebuilt, there is pressure from the piston so its not the top end.

Ummm...maybe you should do a compression test anyway just to be sure about the pressure, BTW did you use your thumb to check the "pressure"? Who rebuilt your carb - maybe they could help you out?

CLUTCH444

Apr 13, 2010
you might want to go back and double check that your cdi box is properly connected. its possible that maybe something was overlooked ie(the ground for it) which may allow it to start but run bad(hence your bogging)

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
Check the reed valve this can make it impossible to start.
Also make sure compression is really good.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I'd think he's either got it figured out or has given up completely in the past year......

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
Damnit, i hate when someone bring a years old post and i get caugh posting at it lol. I guess i need to check more the date/time of the first post.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It's cool man, we won't hold it against you. I've learned almost everything I have ever known in life by making mistakes. ;)

Top Bottom