hauser2169

May 27, 2007
i just rebult my top end and started in 3 kicks. it will rev but not really. i have to give it full throttle to evan make it move. bascally ther is no power band. please help

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
There is a good chance your carb fouled up while it sat during the rebuild and now it needs to be cleaned.

What exactly have you done since you started it? What do you mean it doesn't rev out. Does it rev up to a certain rpm, run kind of ratty, and smoke a lot? My bike does that until you get the pipe hot. It wont even rev high enough in neutral to get the power valve open, until the pipe gets hot.

hauser2169

May 27, 2007
its only been sitting a week. it feels like its not evan hitting the power band, i have a procirtui head pipe and it cracked so i welded it and i have no silencer yet. but it ran very well before the rebulid. do two strkoes take a while to break in or somting like a gas rc car. i rember on those it took a little bit before it let you go open throttle. now i haev to push it then jump on and put it in gear with out it stalling.
HELP

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
So the bike is hard to get rolling but how does it run once it's rolling? Still no power? Does it run rough and smoke a lot or does it just bog and not run at all?

hauser2169

May 27, 2007
welll i dont have a manual i put the arrow on the piston facing the front wheels, once it starts to roll though its about the same. il give it wot it feels like im on a 50 goin nowhere. and yes it smokes

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Well, with a powervalve stuck open, most bikes will feel pretty gutless. But, once you get some RPM built up, they really hit the power band and take off. Did you replace the spark plug? How do the reeds look?

hauser2169

May 27, 2007
i messed with the power valve and it worked really well. then i rode it for about 5 mins and it was back to its gutless self. is ther a lock or somting what am i doig wrong????

May 9, 2007
I think you either didn't assemble the power valve correctly or didn't connect the linkage. It's not opening, so the bike has no hit and no power above the low-end, and is reluctant to rev.

hauser2169

May 27, 2007
is there a site i can go to online to look at the power valve assembly or can you tell me a step by step cause i ahve no manual yet. but how could i put the power valve in wrong ?

Top Bottom