Killer McCoy

Feb 4, 2004
ive been recently looking for a new bike. i have an XR200 (my first bike)now and ive had it for about 2-3 years. I was looking at a 250f but those things may be a little too expensive for me. i was thinking a YZ125 to mess around on since you can find a good one for dirt cheap nowadays. im almost 17, 150lbs 6ft. ill ride the YZ on tracks and fields and ill keep my XR for trail riding. Would a 2-smoker be ok for this? ive only ridden 1 other smoker before and it was a little 80 like the pee wee one.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
The YZ would do just fine for tracks and fields. It will have less pulling power at low rpm then your XR (torque) but it will be a lot faster from the mid to top of the RPM range then your XR. Make sure that the bike has has a recient top end job, as a 125 will wear piston and rings quickly. Unless you can do top ends and the price is right. :) Also ask what brand of oil and what ratio they previous owner used ( this will lessen the possible need for jetting changes, asuming that is was correct in the first place and that you live close to the same atittude as the previous owner) Have fun. :yeehaw:

Killer McCoy

Feb 4, 2004
Thanks for the help man. Ya, theres usually a ton of 125's in the Georgia-Alabama area. ill make sure on the oil thing and mixing. I have a nighbor who knows how to mix. Im only a little worried about topends.

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Top Bottom