wik91

Feb 5, 2008
Hey i will probably soon buy YZ 250 from 94, the engine is dead but i will get it for very little money so i don't complain.
I'm planing to completely rebuild it.

I never rode 250 MX bike in woods so is that bike rideable in woods? I mean does it have enough low-mid power to pull you or it just runs on high revs?

jcarautos1

Dec 3, 2007
My 98 is awsome on the trail and on MX tracks. I put in some fmf reeds and a brg9 plug with 40-1 mix with synthetic oil mix and it runs awesome. Love it.

tblrk2008

Feb 24, 2008
Here is what i did. FMF gnarly pipe, and powercore 2, jet kit, and flywheel weight. You have to ride the technical stuff faster than a trail bike.....but thats fun right :laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
wik91 said:
Hey i will probably soon buy YZ 250 from 94, the engine is dead but i will get it for very little money so i don't complain.
I'm planing to completely rebuild it.

I never rode 250 MX bike in woods so is that bike rideable in woods? I mean does it have enough low-mid power to pull you or it just runs on high revs?
It'll work. If you want to have some Low-mid, put a flywheel weight on it when you rebuild it.

Then again, my brother had a 94 YZ250 and didn't change a thing and enjoyed the trails out around these parts . . .

til he ran out of gas. ;)

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
the 94yz 250 is very good in the woods in a bone stock configuration. Spent considerable time on both a 94 yz and a 95 wr. Very good power, and worth playing with if you are getting the bike cheap.

wik91

Feb 5, 2008
The bikes engine is ****ed up so i need alot of work but parts aren't that expensive because it's a 2 stroke.

Top Bottom