Jeremy_E

Mar 28, 2005
A friend of mine has a 94 YZ 250 and he is interested in starting to ride some. We have been working on this a little to try to get it going again. It has a problem in the gearbox though and I'm not sure if it will be worth fixing or not. If you take the clutch basket out and turn the output shaft, it has a catch in it, so I'm thinking that a gear has a broken tooth or something. Probably very likely that the mating gears have problems too. I'm just trying to get an idea of about how much some of these gears cost to replace. We can do the work ourselves, so I'm just curious about part costs. It will run, but it makes a knock everytime it hits that tooth. If its going to cost more than the bike is worth, he may just ride it a little and see what happens. It probably won't last very long like this though. I would appretiate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy_E

Mar 28, 2005
Thanks, thats a great site. It looks like from that it is at least worth taking it apart and finding out what is wrong. I really appreciate it.

Jeremy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom