YZ 250 upgrades

yzboy2007

Jun 8, 2004
i've been riding for a little while, and i was just wondering is there anything that my bike could use for an upgrade. I really don't know, and i've never really thought about it until now. I mean i've been riding my bike stock for about a year. Any info would be great thanks

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Aftermarket bars (I prefer Pro-Taper) and triple clamp (Applied is good), Suspension re-valving, gripper seat, some good tires, etc...

They may not make the bike faster, but they will make you faster.

TWRT

Sep 13, 2001
Getting your suspension revalved/resprung for your riding style/weight is one of the most noticeable improvements (IMO).

yzboy2007

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks guys it sounds good. I was wondering where or how i might tune my suspension though. I haven't ever done it before.

soap

Jun 10, 2004
You could always put on a pipe. That always boosts the power a noticeable amount but remember to get a pipe that fits your riding condition. I personally have a gnarly pipe and powercore 2 silencer. It gave my bike a huge hit down low, and the pipe is nearly indestructable. If you want quick engine responses, you can get new a new reed valve cage. I have a the v-force 2 and it made response VERY fast. It doesn't increase power too much so you may not want this unless you ride fast and hard. Like the others said, revalving the suspension, new tires, and new handlebars can really help. I don't know if you have jumped or not, but the stock bars are not very dependable if you over jump a landing.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I would put on a good set of tires (front AND rear) then adjust the suspension you have. The stock suspension on that bike is VERY good in stock form.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…