thek

Mar 9, 2003
I would like it someone could tell me the differences between the 01 yz 250f and the 02. I rode an 01 yesterday and was instantly in love with the smooth yet plentiful power delivery.

Like pretty much are they the same bike? They do look very similar. The 02s are about 500 dollars more expensive over here, just seeing if it was worth it.

Thanks for the help,

coleman

Jan 4, 2003
I think the changed the ignition a bit and the jet needle. Both were susposed to make the bike start a bit better. I have an 01 with an 03 cam and it starts really well. You would probably be better off going with whatever you can get the best deal on. The bikes arn't different enough to worry about IMO.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Agreed... the '01 and '02 are almost the same bike so I would go with the best price. But if you get an '01 or '02, consider putting an '03 cam on it for the auto decompression (read: easy) starting.

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
So I'm thinking of trying to find a used 250F. I've ridden one once and loved it. How are they for reliability and maintenance? What kind of maintenenace schedule is required regarding the valves and how much would a dealer charge for this service? How many hours does a top end typically last?

thek

Mar 9, 2003
Also, how much does the change to the 03 cam cost?

Thanks,

Top Bottom