porttiming

Dec 19, 2004
I want to know how many hp at the rear wheel for a stock engine?
and how many hp with a big bore 262cc kit?
with stock pipe , stock cams, and stock head?
anyone have dyno sheet of stock yz250f?
thanking you in advance.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I rode a yzf270 the other day and it wasnt very impressive, it had good bottom and mid very little top, IMO on a dyno it would not make more peak hp than std, it would make the same peak lower down.If you want to race against 450s you will need more than a big bore IMO.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
marcusgunby said:
I rode a yzf270 the other day and it wasnt very impressive, it had good bottom and mid very little top, .

Marcus - What else was done to it other than the bore change ?

gwr

Mar 28, 2005
my question exactly, normally these things with a 2mm over bore are just fantastic! a really honey of an engine.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
It had a fmf power bomb front pipe, std rear with a 450 outlet, it was built by a very expercienced m/c so i think it was all running well.Thats all i know about it, i wasnt meant to know it was a big bore so i couldnt ask many questions.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
marcusgunby said:
It had a fmf power bomb front pipe, std rear with a 450 outlet, it was built by a very expercienced m/c so i think it was all running well.Thats all i know about it, i wasnt meant to know it was a big bore so i couldnt ask many questions.

marcus, the '05rmz on your profile line is a 450 isnt it??

I would venture to guess if it is , it would take more than 2mm to impress you then.

i use to ride an 88 cr250 a friend of mine had an 01 yz125 with every bolt on and bling available............ i rode it around for a few and it never quit feeling like something must be wrong with it , i asked and he said it was normal. i said your giving me @$$% cuz mines an 88 here you are having to work for a 2nd gear wheelie :nener:

edit: the 03 is turning this same guy green....i guess his young a^& better get a job cuz his dad isnt buying him another

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I rode my rmz and a 04 crf back to back with the yz270-the 270 was a match for mine bottom and mid, the crf was just plain slow all they way up.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
not really fair judgements unless theyve all been dialed in by the same person or does jetting not affect thumpers if theyre all stock then i 'd think none are perfect for that days conditions but some better than others

all speculation of course ........the only thing ive got to compare is to 2t

The_STiLe

May 9, 2005
ellandoh said:
i use to ride an 88 cr250 a friend of mine had an 01 yz125 with every bolt on and bling available............ i rode it around for a few and it never quit feeling like something must be wrong with it , i asked and he said it was normal. i said your giving me @$$% cuz mines an 88 here you are having to work for a 2nd gear wheelie :nener:

are you sure it wasnt an yz 80??? My Stock yz125 00 used to lift the front wheel in fourth without to much effort???

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
The_STiLe said:
are you sure it wasnt an yz 80??? My Stock yz125 00 used to lift the front wheel in fourth without to much effort???
he said he had no probs getting it to wheelie, i was just trying to get it to wheelie with no clutch or any effort of any kind and unless i got it on the pipe it wouldnt do it , if i waited too long it would get up but need to be shifted or i couldnt get it.
coming off a 250 which unless im tapped out 5th gear im getting a tire off the ground any time at any part of the powerband no effort at all a 125 feels :think:

edit:, i see youre on a 500 :aj: now . after 2 hours on the trail next chance you get jump DIRECTLY on one of your buddies 125 , then tell me what you think

Top Bottom