jimyzttrxr

Sep 28, 2003
Could anyone tell me if the yamaha yz 250f would be a good trail bike. I am going to purchase a 250 begining of next year. I ride some tight trails and a lot of whoops in certain sections were I ride.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
it would be a kick ass trail bike, but may take a little bit of mods (suspension and a usfs approved muffler to be able to ride in the forests) before you can ride trails. take a look at the wr250f, they're a bit more expensive but after you modify a yzf they would be about the same money wise.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
...wr is 5.8k new and the yzf is 5.6k, you would drop atleast the 200$ difference making the yzf legal and rideable in the forests.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
KDX, awesome woods bike, crapy whoops bike. KTM 200/300EXC; now your talkin'.

The WR is a good trail bike but whoops I'd don't think so. I'd just get the YZF(that way you can race) if you ride track more than trails or the WR w/ some mods if you ride trails more than track. Or you can wait for the CRF250X if you plan to spend a truck load of money on a brand new bike. you can get a YZF/WR use if you want and I would so you can have more money for mods. Used cuts the price in two but get a nice one not an abused bike.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i have an 02 yz 250f and i rode a lot of woods this summer, i did absoluly nothing to it, its bone stock and had really had no problems either. the terrain is pretty challenging here in southwest pa too. the only real complaint i have is that it feels heavy, the wr weighs even more than the yz does.

$ly-v-

Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by jimyzttrxr
Could anyone tell me if the yamaha yz 250f would be a good trail bike. I am going to purchase a 250 begining of next year. I ride some tight trails and a lot of whoops in certain sections were I ride.

i just raced the 2004 yz250f 11-16-2003 @ a enduro & i loved it , need to work with the gearing goin with the 50 tooth spoc,but its awsome the bike is really stable in high speed area's

Top Bottom