jimyzttrxr

Sep 28, 2003
Could anyone tell me if the yamaha yz 250f would be a good trail bike. I am going to purchase a 250 begining of next year. I ride some tight trails and a lot of whoops in certain sections were I ride.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
it would be a kick ass trail bike, but may take a little bit of mods (suspension and a usfs approved muffler to be able to ride in the forests) before you can ride trails. take a look at the wr250f, they're a bit more expensive but after you modify a yzf they would be about the same money wise.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
...wr is 5.8k new and the yzf is 5.6k, you would drop atleast the 200$ difference making the yzf legal and rideable in the forests.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
KDX, awesome woods bike, crapy whoops bike. KTM 200/300EXC; now your talkin'.

The WR is a good trail bike but whoops I'd don't think so. I'd just get the YZF(that way you can race) if you ride track more than trails or the WR w/ some mods if you ride trails more than track. Or you can wait for the CRF250X if you plan to spend a truck load of money on a brand new bike. you can get a YZF/WR use if you want and I would so you can have more money for mods. Used cuts the price in two but get a nice one not an abused bike.

Lonewolf

May 30, 2002
i have an 02 yz 250f and i rode a lot of woods this summer, i did absoluly nothing to it, its bone stock and had really had no problems either. the terrain is pretty challenging here in southwest pa too. the only real complaint i have is that it feels heavy, the wr weighs even more than the yz does.

$ly-v-

Nov 20, 2003
Originally posted by jimyzttrxr
Could anyone tell me if the yamaha yz 250f would be a good trail bike. I am going to purchase a 250 begining of next year. I ride some tight trails and a lot of whoops in certain sections were I ride.

i just raced the 2004 yz250f 11-16-2003 @ a enduro & i loved it , need to work with the gearing goin with the 50 tooth spoc,but its awsome the bike is really stable in high speed area's

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom