lastoman

Aug 19, 2006
Hey, this is my first post, so here it goes.

I have a 95 yz 250 with what i believe to be a 265cc stroker kit ( at least that's what the previous owner said, and there is a 4mm spacer plate under the jug), pro circuit pipe/silencer, and boysen rad valve, I am currently running 98 octane pump gas @ 30:1 I tested the compression and got around 170psi after 5 kicks. carb is the stock PWK 38mm pilot jet is also stock @ 48 with the stock R136 needle on the 3rd clip

the problem is that the bike will not run at WOT in a high gear, it will start to wind up, then begin to miss and the front-end will dive. The bike seems to run fine through the rest of the powerband though. i have tried main jets from the stock 175 all the way to 220, but am currently running a 195. I haven't changed from the stock R136 needle; I have moved the clip around a bit, but to no avail.

I just really don't think that my buddy's 250f should feel like it's just as fast as my 265.

ANY Ideas would be much appreciated ( especially with the jetting it feels lean but I'm not really sure.

thanks

Last edited:

91kx

Mar 6, 2004
I doubt it's your jetting.My friend had a 94 that seemed gutless on top until he realized his power valve was disconnected.He had redone the top end himself but didn't hook it back up properly!

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
ive got a 94 wr250 (virtually the same bike minus the big bore kit) doin the same thing id love to see some input some advice ive gotten is to check the reeds i have new ones on order. so i have no results yet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom