yz 85

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
hey, couldn't find the other posts on this so if anyone has a link to it i would be grateful, my friend has a yz 85, maybe an 02? he blew it up and got a new bottum end and a top end, whats the break in precedure for this? he doesn't want to take any chances so whatever would work the best, maybe not teh fastest would be what were going for. thanks

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
thanks

thanks, this should help a lot.

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
And do NOT lug the engine (Like putting it in 4th gear at 10 MPH and trying to chug up hill). Keep it in a happy RPM range. And as your building up how much throttle you are giving, start allowing it rev slightly higher and higher. Im not saying redline it though by any means. Shouldnt see WOT until say at least a half hour running? Ive always warmed mine up to operating temp. Shut it down, let it totally cool. Check fluids. Fire it back up, and once back up to operating temp ( Rad to hot to touch comfortabley) I start making passes in say 3rd gear slowly coming into the powerband. Say giving it 60% of redline RPM's, then letting it slow back down, repeat again a little later giving it 65% of redline RPM's. Also, dont hold it at any single RPM for an extended time. Vary the RPM's. And dont downshift it hard. No need to "compression brake" on it like a big rig 18 wheeler.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…